Emerging Member
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

What happens to historical data if I move gateway back to cloud services?

I see a lot of chatter about cloud services being back on line. I have been on version 1.0.7 for 2-3 months. It works but I really miss being able to see production from anywhere. If I read correctly rolling back to the much earlier 0.9.41 version of firmware will bring you back into the cloud. Is this a transaprent transaction? Will all the panels be transferred? WHAT HAPPENS TO THE HISTORICAL DATA COLLECTED USING 1.0.7? ARE WE GOING TO LOSE IT ALL AGAIN?

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 5

Re: What happens to historical data if I move gateway back to cloud services?

@generatorlabs@MAKuser :

In short, what happens when you move back to the cloud, is that all energy produced during the only local monitoring time-span will not be lost for the cloud, BUT, it will be reported as a large energy chunk produced in one day, that is equal to the difference between last time your site reported to the cloud and the time you reconnected to the cloud. In other words, total energy is not lost, but unfortunatelly what is lost is the energy production granularity (per day, per month) during those off-cloud months.

Regards, Carlos

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 1012
Solutions: 83

generatorlabs wrote:

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE HISTORICAL DATA COLLECTED USING 1.0.7? ARE WE GOING TO LOSE IT ALL AGAIN?

That is correct.

It's easy to move from the cloud to the local version, but the other way around would require some heavy modifications in the cloud.

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudos to the people who have helped you out!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 5

@generatorlabs@MAKuser :

In short, what happens when you move back to the cloud, is that all energy produced during the only local monitoring time-span will not be lost for the cloud, BUT, it will be reported as a large energy chunk produced in one day, that is equal to the difference between last time your site reported to the cloud and the time you reconnected to the cloud. In other words, total energy is not lost, but unfortunatelly what is lost is the energy production granularity (per day, per month) during those off-cloud months.

Regards, Carlos