Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 769
Solutions: 59
Contributions: 190

sunMAX Software for Monitoring, Design, Sales & Permitting

[ Edited ]

The free sunMAX online software suite comprises the four major sections:

1. Geometry Design
  2. Sales Proposal
  3. Permitting Package Application
  4. Monitoring

The Geometry Design lets you simulate arrays at the customer premise based on orientation, panel layout, etc. to estimate annual production and generate a quick Bill-of-Materials.

The Sales Proposal is a way to present the costs and savings to your customers in a simple, sleek way, automatically pulling data from the Geometry Design section, and factoring savings, incentives and any overhead.

The Permitting Package Application allows you to quickly gather and present information about your customer install for Ubiquiti's design teams so we can prepare a Permit Package which you deliver to your Local Authority prior to installing the sunMAX system.

After provisioning sunMAX via the Install App, you can monitor your system online via the sunMAX Cloud Portal: sunmax.ubnt.com.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 40

Re: sunLink Free Software Design, Sales & Permitting

What is the timeline for accessing the sales proposal software? is there a beta version that we could see and try? Do you have any example proposals that we could look at to get an idea of what will be included? Thanks!

Ubiquiti Employee

@mynameiskyle What would you like to see in the Software? It's being developed at the moment—as soon as beta is ready, we'll let you guys work with it for feedback (similar to sunLink).

Since you asked, here are a couple recent mockups of Utility (projection of pre/post-solar rates & cost-savings) & Financial (adjust Cost/W, loan details, etc.) pages of the Customer Proposal Software. Note that the numbers are placeholders and not necessarily accurate calculations.

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 16.48.14.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 16.48.07.png

Emerging Member

Wow that looks fantastic! I am very excited to see in action. I can't wait to start selling the solutions. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@mynameiskyle Great—get a head start on the Permit Process by starting your Permit Application today with our Engineer team: sunlink.ubnt.com (after site is created, click Start Permit Application)

Emerging Member

I am not trying to drive anyone crazy but is there any additional info that can be shared about the propsal software? ETA, etc? I am itching to get an opportunity to see it and use it. I am a good beta tester....

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 395
Solutions: 22
Contributions: 1

[ Edited ]

@mynameiskyle I would expect to see it in 2-3 weeks. The proposal software will be incorporated in to sunlink in the existing interface. It's going to take data from your customer site and based off of solar data/customer bills (or avg. utility bills in the area) generate a savings report with numbers like payback period, ROI, etc.

Let me know if you need help doing customer analysis in the meantime- I'm happy to help.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Kudos: 1

Not available to brazil yeat ? 

I can t find my adress Man Sad

Ubiquiti Employee

@Zucchi ao digitar seu endereço, verifique que o endereço está e acordo com 'os resultados sugeridos' do Google Maps API.

Por exemplo, se seu endereço é 333 Avenida 17, mas o API sugere 333 Av. 17, vai pelo "Av. 17". Entendeu?

Kudos: 1

Olá Jamie, show Man Happy!

Quando digito meu endereço (posso te passar inbox) ele me sugere uma Rua em outro país, no caso, Portugal. A minha mesmo - apesar de estar no Google Maps - não. Man Sad

Ubiquiti Employee

@Zucchi passe-me um print e o endereço junto num email: jamie@ubnt.com

Kudos: 3

UBNT-APieper wrote:

@mynameiskyle I would expect to see it in 2-3 weeks. The proposal software will be incorporated in to sunlink in the existing interface. It's going to take data from your customer site and based off of solar data/customer bills (or avg. utility bills in the area) generate a savings report with numbers like payback period, ROI, etc.

Let me know if you need help doing customer analysis in the meantime- I'm happy to help.

I am dying for this to be completed. This is the most excting part for me right now.

Any news as its been about 3 weeks?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 249
Solutions: 33

@coretechs: I'm sure @UBNT-APieper or @UBNT-Jamie will comment on this more, but this is REALLY close Man Happy We're close to releasing and automatically generating the proposals from the designs on sunlink, so stay tuned, and create as many designs as you'd like from prospective customers!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 395
Solutions: 22
Contributions: 1

@coretechs @UBNT-Sean is absolutely right, we are very close. Just doing some testing to make sure we get all features working exactly as they should. In the meantime, please utilize our design team who is happy to generate a personalized customer-facing proposal in your behalf- email sunmaxconsult@ubnt.com and they should get a proposal back to you very quickly. 

We will announce the release in the forum when the proposal tool goes live. Thanks for following up!

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Emerging Member

I have to comment on this post. The SunMax team has done a great job for me generating customer quotes. I have been able to submit electric bills and have proposals withing 24 hours. They are very professional looking. Sending them direct to customers is not a problem.

Emerging Member

SunLink Proposal software? I am anxiously awaiting the day I can generate crazy cool proposals with a few clicks.

Kudos: 3

Any updates?

Seems like this could be released in beta pretty painlessly, its far from a critical feature...it does not "run" anything unlike controller software or firmware.

Ubiquiti Employee

We just put the first revision of the proposal tool.  There are a few known bugs that we're working on addressing, but it's definitely useable and will get you the quick turn/feedback for getting a proposal to a customer!  

I'm sure there will be some questions on all of the fields, we've attempted to find a nice balance between flexibility and ease of use here.   Some situations will still need some intervention on our end, I'm sure, but most "typical" installs should be covered and give you the flexibility to set margins, install costs, etc. as needed.

Kudos: 19
Solutions: 1

What's the status on the customer proposal section?  I can enter information regarding the electrical usage, but for the site address there is only one utility choice on the drop-down and it's incorrect for that location, and the one that is selectable (a neighboring utility) there's no pricing information associated with it and hence nothing else on the customer proposal section works.

Ubiquiti Employee

Can you send me a PM with the address, and we'll look into it.  There are a few options in that dropdown that are hidden (in reality, there are typically 10-20 utility/rate options for a given address), so we may need to provide some of the lower probability options as well.