Kudos: 36
Accepted Solution

sundesign.ubnt.com down

I just noticed sundesign.ubnt.com is not available at the moment. When will this be back again? It seems that there is redirect to https://www.ubnt.com/sunmax/sunmax/ at the moment. 

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 249
Solutions: 33

Re: sundesign.ubnt.com down

In the effort to migrate to the local firmware, sundesign was taken down. It's a bit ahead of when we wanted to, but there was an open security issue that we wanted to close up to prevent any breach of data. Similar functionality to the design tool, BOM creation and energy estimator aren't being abandoned, but we don't want any new cloud-based sites to be created either.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee

In the effort to migrate to the local firmware, sundesign was taken down. It's a bit ahead of when we wanted to, but there was an open security issue that we wanted to close up to prevent any breach of data. Similar functionality to the design tool, BOM creation and energy estimator aren't being abandoned, but we don't want any new cloud-based sites to be created either.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 27

@UBNT_Sean

Sean,

Is there an eta when a design tool will be availalbe? We are finally ready to install solar on our house and the design tool is now gone. What is my best option for figuring out what I need for my system?

Ubiquiti Employee

I don't have an ETA right now, but the best near-term option is to use PVWATTS from NREL. The sundesign tool uses the same calculations and should give nearly the same results (with a few percent different maybe as a result of the default assumed cable losses, etc).
Kudos: 7

How about the sites / estimates that were already created.  Had several, have installed 3 sites, and have multiple proposals out for others.  We need the design tool or something similar.  If not can anyone suggest another solar vendor that has something similar?

Kudos: 2

I too have several sites designed and it appears that the only access to them is via the design tool. I am in the process of responding to an RFP for 24 potential installs. This design tool is essential to the way I do business. Can anybody help?

Ubiquiti Employee

I'm sorry that currently we still don't have this tool available.

Please try http://pvwatts.nrel.gov/ first.

We will inform you when we solve the security issues.

Is the tool being worked on?

Ubiquiti Employee

Hi @bmichael47

We are trying to make tool system runing internally first to prevent secuirty issues then take customer request if you have urgent need.

But this still need cloud team to make it internal and that takes time.

Has there been any progress in getting the design tool back up and running. I am loosing business as a result of this tool being down. 

The situation is very critical.

Please help us!

Emerging Member

Not to try and start a fire here, but the lack of any real updates (except maybe some minor hardware fixes), lack of activity, and now the design tool... seems like Sunmax might be going the way of mFi. I hope I'm wrong.

Ubiquiti Employee

@rtigay Sorry to make you feeling like this.

Actually we are focusing on new product SolarBeam: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/SolarBeam/bd-p/SolarBeam-Beta

And this design tool needs our cloud & software engineers to solve it

I will try to push to make this issue priority higher.

Emerging Member

@UBNT-Hyde

And I am very excited for SolarBeam!

I'm glad to hear that it seems like the feeling I was getting is wrong (one of the few times I really did want to be wrong Man Wink ). I look forward to more progress on SunMax soon.

Thanks,

Rafael

It's been 3 weeks since my last post regarding the Sun Design tool. I don't know how much longer I can stay in business without a way to adequately design a system. Has there been any progress? Are the programmers working on the product? Update please.