Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

Help an author with a couple of Unfi Controller Screenshots?

Hi, my name is Mike Meyers. I've been writing textbooks for entry level techs for a long time. I write for McGraw-Hill and Ive got millions of books in print.

And I need help.

First, I freaking LOVE Ubiquiti products! I use an EdgeMax for my little office's Internet and I use a single Ubiquiti AP for our Wifi. Great stuff and they run like tanks (although it took me forever to get the EdgeMax to pass Comcast's IPv6 router advertisments properly).

In lieu of a CV, please go to Amazon.com and do a search for Mike Meyers. You'll see a bunch of books. Those are mine. If anything comes up about Wayne's World, Canada or Austin Powers that's the actor, not me.

Anyway, like I said, I need help. I want baby techs to understand that there is more to 802.11 then the crappy SOHO router/APs that come from DLink and Linksys. I want them to see enterprise level 802.11. To that end I think Ubiquiti does a helluva job and showing my readers the beauty of the UniFi Controller utility will help them get there. Problem is I only have ONE AP so my screens are actually confusing people - why use a central controller application when you only have a single AP? So I need a screenshot of the UniFi controller on a network with more (4+) APs. Here's a picture I grabbed form one of the forums here - if I had the rights to it Id use it.

Image result for unifi controller

Surely there's a ton of folks reading this who use the UniFi controller and have a gaggle of APs who can take a shot?

So why go to the community Mike? Why not contact Ubiquti directly? Good point and here's why:I'm sure the folks at Ubiquiti are great and I know they'd love to have the number one IT author in the country annually telling hundreds of thousands of high school and community college students, translated into Spanish, German and Japanese, the joy that is Ubuquiti.

But Ive got a deadline of about 30 days. No one moves that fast.

So, if you can help me, email me at desweds@gmail.com. I will give attribution, a free copy of my next book and if you're in Houston I will ply you with the best craft beer in the USA.

Of course, if Ubiquiti is reading this and wants to give/loan me four more 802.11ac PRO Access Points that would be cool too! I can do that in 30 days..(eyelash flutter).

Thanks

Mike (I can quit drinking beer anytime I want) Meyers

Accepted Solutions
SuperUser
Kudos: 8876
Solutions: 548
Contributions: 1

Re: Help an author with a couple of Unfi Controller Screenshots?

Here are some from a test network I have - not complete and not a lot of devices or wireless clients, but maybe these will help

UniFiScreen.pngUniFiScreen2.png

UniFiScreen3.png

UniFiScreen4.png

Jim

UniFiScreen1.png

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)

"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist

View solution in original post

All Replies
SuperUser

Here are some from a test network I have - not complete and not a lot of devices or wireless clients, but maybe these will help

UniFiScreen.pngUniFiScreen2.png

UniFiScreen3.png

UniFiScreen4.png

Jim

UniFiScreen1.png

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)

"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
Occasional Visitor

PERFECT!! Thank you eejimm!
Highlighted
New Visitor

Hi eejimm, are you based in/near Denver? I'm up in Boulder and cannot find a way to contact you directly (slightly frustrating) -- do you offer housecalls / on-site tech support?

SuperUser

macsolu wrote:

Hi eejimm, are you based in/near Denver? I'm up in Boulder and cannot find a way to contact you directly (slightly frustrating) -- do you offer housecalls / on-site tech support?

Denver - Littleton actually.   Tech-support?  yes we do for our commercial clients, but it's pretty expensive...   And today we work with commercial customers only.

What are you looking for?

JIm

New Visitor

Jim,

I finally located your contact email in the Consultants thread.  I sent you details there.

thanks,

Scott

New Visitor

Hi Jim,

I did email you, but no reply to date.  I also just called, but your voicemail is full or jacked or both.  I am reaching out on behalf of my employer, so this is a legitimate request for your services.

scott.elliott@moxiesozo.com

(720) 470-5213

SuperUser

macsolu wrote:

Hi Jim,

I did email you, but no reply to date.  I also just called, but your voicemail is full or jacked or both.  I am reaching out on behalf of my employer, so this is a legitimate request for your services.

scott.elliott@moxiesozo.com

(720) 470-5213

Scott - got caught in the span filter - just replied to your email.

Jim