Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Emerging Member
Kudos: 28
Solutions: 1

POE Injector with both ports supplying POE??

[ Edited ]

I have a few places where i end up with daisy chained POE injectors that would be super helpful to have a single injector that powered both a radio (NSLM5) and a camera (usually a UVC Bullet).  Anyone know where you get them or if they exist?

I have read some not so good reviews about the secondary port on the NSM5 not powering a second device reliably, any thoughts on this?  If it is strictly a power division issue and needs a higher wattage/voltage supply I have a couple of those.

Established Member
Kudos: 802
Solutions: 159

Re: POE Injector with both ports supplying POE??

If your using the supplied NS 0.5A PoE and running a G3 cam on the secondary port of the NS you are near the limit of the PoE during start-up and IR uses. I have a NS-M5 using a 1.0A PoE with a G3 bullet on the secondary port for close to 2 years now with no hiccups.

I know of no out of the box 2 port PoE, but have a look at “option C” here; https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204950314-airMAX-Configure-a-PoE-Bridge   

Just picture a UVC-G3 in place of one of the NS.

Jack

Clear Line of Sight and Freznel Zone isn’t everything; It’s the only thing.
Adapted quote from Vince Lombardi

If this post was helpful please press the thumbs up “Kudos” button below.
Highlighted
Kudos: 893
Solutions: 76

Re: POE Injector with both ports supplying POE??

The new NanoSwitch might be an option (you'll need beta access to read that forum).