I have noticed I have to reboot my U CRM device a few times a week as thing are not working well, expected in beta no worries about that. Could we have a soft button on the web interface to reboot the device. I can usually always still log in and navigate the interface but generally something not working that a reboot usually fixes. It would be nice to have a button rather than the trip up to the server room.
I would like to have the ability to adjust the display order of the columns in the Devices screen.
In AC2 we were able to not only choose which columns are displayed, but the order in which they were displayed. For example, I could move the Signal Level column further to the left of my screen, shifting other columns to the right.
Even if they can't be controlled or updated or provide full data, the detection and on/off line status of legacy AirOS devices would be quite useful.
I still have Micro-PoP's with 3-5 NanoStations on them. They work, the client is happy...
Sms Notifications for CPEs etc going up and down. Api file to be used for sending SMS. I had this idea for two.
1. Api settings may menu. Api file contains certain firms integrated in the system. The user simply uses api entering the user name and password.
2. The system is installed in the directory that contains a file such as "smsapi.php". You publish an API sample code. Users can they demand from their SMS API code accordingly company. This code is received, it can provide use of SMS by registering into smsapi.php file.
Thus the device may interfere much faster.
While discovering Access Points and Devices, it would be nice to have some short of "shell" where one can ssh into a device and perform other tests on the access point and or on the network. Such access should be able to be set by the admin of the ucrm controller and can set his or her access permission for "shell" access. If not during the discovery process, access to a "shell" would be extremely helpful for any person unfortunate enough to only have access to a web browser.
I really like the idea of the TDMA Windows graph. Unfortunately, I can't help but think I'm missing something useful because of how it looks. It is showing me the "Top" 20 of the 55 clients on one of my access points. But there is no discussion of how the Top clients are chosen. And with the way it's sorted, it feels like its the 20 clients with the best Capacity. I think the graph would be more useful if it gave the top 20 users of airtime. And to make it obvious that this is what it's doing, sort them by airtime instead of capacity. You don't need to change meanings of axises or bar widths, just the sort order.
I don't know if this would be a more of a documentation issue or what but I would like to see a method of deploying UCRM on a stack of VMs so we can scale out to hundreds of thousands of devices. So basically the deployment method for AirCRM on a private cloud.
- Landowner info. Name, phone, email street address, zip code
- tower name (site id)
- tower type
- tower height
- Picture gallery of tower
- tower contract - used when u have a contract with the landowner. option email reminder when contract needs to be renegotiated
- connect devices to tower make link between towers
i would like to see the ability to remove the devices in mass from the discovery this is a great field tool when i am in an area i can quickly see a whole picture of the local immediate area i work in. but to put more radios in than the 400 it will handle ive got to factory reset the device. being able to configure existing radios completly every tab inside the crm UI would be the best. resetting this device many times in one session is time consuming
ioning State for new devices
UniFi EDU AP SIP Integratio
Live KML integratio
- eejimm on: Reboot button for U CRM device
Ability to request a KML file for integratio
n with Google Earth
- UBNT-Colin on: Custom Email Alerts
- ijic on: Configure Network Settings from U CRM
- PrettyFlyWiFi on: UCRM on a private cloud
- UBNT-Yuko on: AirCRM email alerts when signal drops
d Traffic Shaping