Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 4

Adding a Credit Card

so, I'm at a loss here, I have stripe all plugged up and enabled, but where on earth does the customer attach a card from the client zone, and where can I attach a card as an admin, for example if the customer calls up with their card.

Kudos: 77
Solutions: 16

Re: Adding a Credit Card

[ Edited ]

Ok, here is my limited experience. UCRM does not save the card info, stripe does.

You have to enter the client zone (impersonate the client) to pay an existing invoice. Simply click on the "pay online" and then choose stripe, etc . Just be aware that even if you have all their card details, initially it may send them the below text message (or the number you have associated with the client), especially if you choose to "remember me". Only sample credit card details are listed on the link they send.

Thanks for saving your payments info with Stripe! This number will be used to verify your identity on sites using Stripe Checkout. See https://stripe.com/checkout/info for terms and info. Text STOP to cancel.

Click the above link and you'll see the page.

If you only want to start a Subscription service (pay regularly/monthly) you can do that in either zone, just click on New Subscription, in Recurring Payments section. Either way, you will also need their 3 digit security code too.

The only thing I'm not sure about is; What happens if you start a subscription, but have no invoices... do you still get paid regularly regardless? And if invoices don't exactly match suscriptions, couldn't things get out of whack? 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 556
Solutions: 132

Re: Adding a Credit Card

Blinc wrote: 

The only thing I'm not sure about is; What happens if you start a subscription, but have no invoices... do you still get paid regularly regardless? And if invoices don't exactly match suscriptions, couldn't things get out of whack? 

Yes, as an administrator you can set up the payment subscription in both the admin zone and client zone and even when the invoice is not created yet.

Then, whenever a payment is received by UCRM, it is paired with the invoice. If the invoice doesn't exist yet, the payment turns into client's credit. Then, it is recommended to check "use credit automatically" at the client's service settings to ensure the generated invoice will be paid automatically from the available credit.