0 Kudos

Fix FCC 477 Reports - Currently every line will be wrong

Submitted by - a week ago
Status: New

We tried the Form 477 print out and to us it seems wrong. It is not even close to previous year forms we have submitted and also doesn't seem to match the directions given to use by the FCC. I do know those directions are horrible and have had the FCC tell us that stuff was wrong when following those directions.

 

Say we have 4 speed packages:

1.5 Mbps down / 1 Mbps up

3-5 Mbps down / 1 Mbps up

8-10 Mbps down / 2 Mbps up

20Mbps down / 20Mbps up

 

These all are available to residential and bussiness customers alike. They all are also a guarnteed speed. If any of them call with a speed issue, we fix it. All of these speeds are advertized, but not completely available in all areas.

 

UCRM seems to just pull the data from customers and use that, which creates invalid data.

 

For instance:

Say we have a tower that can support all of these speed packages for either residential or bussiness customers.

We advertise all of the speed packages to this area with flyers and when people call in.

Currrently though, we have no bussiness customers on the tower and the residential customers we do have only wanted to pay for 3-5 Mbps down / 1 Mbps up.

 

UCRM would generate a:

(Block Number)        1        5         1         0        0        0

 

When it should to our understanding look more like:

(Block Number)        1       20       20        1        20      20

 

 

Another instance:

This tower can support all but the 20/20.

We have residental and bussiness customers on it.

Again they only wanted to pay for the 5/1.

 

UCRM:

(Block Number)     1      5      1     0      0      0

 

Should be:

(Block Number)     1     10     2     1      10     2

 

To us, the way it should be is in sites.

 

Check mark for Residential - puts a 1 in the first colum.

Check mark for Bussiness - puts a 1 in the 4th colum.

Entires for 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th colums.

 

Then it would use the customers that were attached to each site for the Block Numbers and use the data entered in the site to populate the other colums. If 2 sites can be used in same Census Block, it should use highest entries and merge the check mark boxes.

Comments
by
a week ago

The only solution I could see Ubiquiti using would  be a speed rating on each site and then applying that maximum rating to each customer attached to that site. For example:

 

Adding a box to the field below that says "Service speed maximum". Then when devices are attached to that site, the FCC report simply takes the site information and fills that in as the maximum service speed on the FCC report. The fix would take a little manpower but would be a monumental improvement over the current system.

 

Capture.JPG

by
Wednesday

Yes that is waht I suggested:

 

To us, the way it should be is in sites.

 

Check mark for Residential - puts a 1 in the first colum.

Check mark for Bussiness - puts a 1 in the 4th colum.

Entires for 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th colums.

 

Then it would use the customers that were attached to each site for the Block Numbers and use the data entered in the site to populate the other colums. If 2 sites can be used in same Census Block, it should use highest entries and merge the check mark boxes.

 

2nd and 3rd are for advertised speeds at site. 5th and 6th are for guaranteed speeds at site.