Fix Overdue emails to work with the wide variety of clients we have

Submitted by -

First off, we should be able to set when the email goes out. Right now it goes out the minute the payment is due, and given that some clients are on schedules that don't reflect reality at all (think governments) but do pay each month, sending them an email just pisses them off. We should be able to say "Send first reminder of overdue payment X days after due date" and we should have then the following:

Send second over due payment (y/n) when active have a field with the same number as the first reminder, but allow it to be modified.

Send service suspension email (y/n) and if the second over due email option is no, this can be the second email. Again have a number field with the number of days to send.

This would resolve a ton of issues.

Additionally, with the service suspension email, a notice in the interface for "collections/suspensions" should be on the dashboard.

Comments
by
on ‎02-17-2019 09:36 AM
+1 Agreed on this. You need to be able to pick which hour the emails go out. I also totally agree on having multiple reminders for overdue payments. I think your proposal solves the issue and adds the needed functionality. I am using the Twilio SMS plug which sends texts along with the emails, so when people are getting texts at Midnight when their bill is overdue, it is counter productive. I want people to be able to get the email and text at a time that is convenient- Maybe 7 or 8pm. I am about to change my timezone +5 hours so this happens now, but that is a hack/workaround.