Weekly and Monthly Prepaid airtime

Submitted by -

We currently use a Mikrotik with userman/hotspot to grant users weekly and monthly prepaid services. Can we introduce this to UCRM? At the moment we can use monthly billing, it would be nice if a user would be redirected to the UCRM where they could choose a weekly or monthly package, make their payment, get access for that duration and once their prepaid service expired they would hot the UCRM suspension page again.

Comments
by
‎04-16-2018 03:01 AM - edited ‎04-16-2018 03:02 AM

Just re-isntalled the UCRM as I saw something about customers self service ability....was hoping we could now have customers choose a prepaid 1, 2 or 3 week period...don't see how this has not been implemented yet as a service plan, we have the monthly's and that's fantastic but I'm sure like myself there must be many other WISPs out there that offer weekly pasy-as-you-go(prepaid) connections, 40% of our customer base are holiday homes, they have their service turned on/off by weeks at a time. 

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎05-03-2018 12:45 AM
by
on ‎05-03-2018 02:19 AM

I mostly agree with fusionp, For me, a 2 month price plan option would be high on my list (dropping the 24 month option).

Although, if we did have a weekly option, then I see an oppertunity for some premium pricing.

by
on ‎12-28-2018 03:03 AM

Bimonthly invoicing would be very useful, that is every two months, so many wisps could use UCRM

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎03-06-2019 06:29 AM

@markscotford  @fusionp: is week periods important only for prepaid services or do you use need to use it for regular clients and recurring invoicing?

by
on ‎03-06-2019 09:59 AM

For me, who only operates in a Holiday lets town, 1 month connections are our biggest sellers (although if we had an easy option to operate 1 week and 2 week periods, at a premium price, that would be a big plus). For long term customers (people who have retired here) we offer 6 month and 1 year options. These are all Pre-Paid (no invoice issued unless asked), nothing is given on credit.

Just a recap on what we do and need. We have fitted in many houses/apartments with a CPE radio on the roof and a bog standard wifi router in the house. Customers get in touch with us in advance (normally by email) to say they need the internet turned on for X period. we send them a payment request for the amount needed (normally PayPay or bank transfer request). Using the ACL option in the CPE, we turn on the CPE just before their arrival, and turn it off just after their departure. This is all done manually, with a spreadsheet and a calender. Now I think you will see when UCRM/UNMS was advertised as "coming soon" we stuck with it, and are still stuck with it.

All our gear is Ubiquiti with AC Prism AP's and the infrastructure routers are all MikroTik RB2011's.

by
3 weeks ago

Hi Petr,

We use weekly and monthly for prepaid services. Ideally the customer should be able to choose how many weeks or months of prepaid service they require.

So currently we have a slightly higher cost per week per service/speed, and our regular price per month per service/speed. If a user requires 6 weeks, they can choose the regular monthly option at the regular price and the additional 2 weeks at the slightly higher cost.

For example, our 8mb connection is €8 per week, and €25 per month. If they require a 6 weeks service then they would select 1x "1 month 8mb" service and 2x "1 Week" service for a total €41.

This is the current flexibility we have.