Kudos: 3

Authentication Plugin

Hey Guys, 

Whos interrested in creating a authentication plugin (i.e. Gluu, LDAP/AD, SAML) I want to use existing AD server for user admin.

Kudos: 77
Solutions: 8

Re: Authentication Plugin

@HFarnes,

I do not have an Active Directory or LDAP server handy these days, but looking at the phenomenal built-in PHP support for LDAP, this should be easily doable.

A little behind on Plugins at the moment, so this certainly would not be anytime soon.

On a side note, and if you have time, I would love for you to test the new Revenue Report (EX) plugin, as it addresses one of the main issues we were having with the plugins on your system.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Plugins/Revenue-Report-EX/m-p/2715452/highlight/true#M982

Feedback would be appreciated.

Will do Ryan, I'll test it in the am. Check out Gluu we're beta testing it for a client seems pretty good so far.

@HFarnes,

Gluu looks very interesting; I might spin up a CE server for testing.

I did want to clarify though...

You are thinking of using this for UCRM Client Identity & Access Management, not the Admins, correct?

I only ask, because it would be VERY simple to use an LDAP store (Gluu, AD, LDAP, etc) to update a Client's username and password for UCRM Login.  Did you have requirements beyond that?

Highlighted

I'm thinking of customers and employee accounts so we can use existing AD for employees and SSO for clients.

@HFarnes,

SSO is going to get us into a whole other realm.

Do you (or are you planning) on having all of your Clients in AD along with your Admins (Employees)?

If so, then maybe we start there and move on in the future?

@HFarnes,

Also wanted to mention after some discussion with an experienced Gluu developer.  The only way to get the full SSO experience with Gluu and integration with UCRM would be their oxd libraries and they are only available as paid services.  Is that something you would still like to pursue?

Maybe you could shed some light on the SSO you are trying to accomplish (i.e. with what other services)?

I have all my employees in AD and will add our clients as well. Since SSO is a pain in the butt we'll forget that part.