TrackYourTruck Plugin

just adding more plugin ideas to try and get UCRM up to par with "Other" CRM's

Someone, please make a plug-in from the trackyourtruck APi 

http://secure.trackyourtruck.com/apidemo/apidemo.aspx

Please Make the plugin display where the trucks are on the network MAP

Thanks,

Kudos: 6

Re: TrackYourTruck Plugin

I really like this idea... Our wisp covers a huge geographical area and it would really help to know where our techs are at a glance. To me the ultimate would be that the tracking would be connected to a UCRM cell phone app. When the technician signs in to the app it relays their location to UCRM. Something like UBER or GetSwift tracking. 

SuperUser
Kudos: 10497
Solutions: 641
Contributions: 1

I would just suggest you be aware of a Human Nature related thing here - people don't like to be tracked.

Back at the dawn of GPS (1991 to be exact) I built a mobile data collection system with GPS for the Cellular industry to go in the tech's trucks - they averaged about 100,000 miles each every year so it was a great way to collect off-the-air data.   Built the hardware and software, made it work, tested it out, and we were discovering things about the system nobody in the industry had ever seen before.   And the techs flatly refused to put them in their vehicles - they were convinced that Management really wanted to be able to tell if they were "goofing off".   Took another 20 years before tools like that were finally accepted....

So be aware that it can/will cause hard feelings with your installers...

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
":It's not Rocket Science! - Oh wait, Actually it is... "NASA bumper sticker
":The biggest problem in tech I see right now is that most users don't want to do things that are hard. That doesn't bode well for the industry or the society.": (me. actually ;-)

Hi Jim, I fully understand that and appreciate your comments. At the same time my guys are farely autonomous and I go full days without knowing where they are at times(I am the main tech and also do all of the business administration so stretched pretty thin at times) I am paying for their time so should be able to know where they are during working hours. Hard to find that happy balance between keeping an eye on things and not overstepping into personal space and offending the onsite techs. 

Kudos: 513
Solutions: 11

just a side note, until UCRM gets this you can use Tsheets to track hours and it will track GPS while they're on the clock

Also if your using a company install vehicle and on the clock, if you don't want to be tracked then I don't wanna let you use my stuff is how I look at that

and its not about tracking the employee it's about seeing if one of your paid workers area near a job site so the dispatcher can quickly send the correct person, or check if the installer needs help if in 1 spot for more then 4 hours we work in a very dangerous line of work and tracking where you are can save your life

T-sheets looks interesting and a reasonable price. I will have to give that a try. Thanks