Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1119
Solutions: 250

UCRM Plugins are here!!

[ Edited ]

Hi all, we’re very excited to announce UCRM Plugins! This is a key feature in making UCRM more extensible and the best CRM solution for your network and business today. Read on!

Plugins are open source programs which extend the capabilities and functionality of UCRM. With UCRM Plugins, you can make your UCRM experience even better by adding a number of useful and time-saving features to your installation:

• Automatic bank data imports
  • Integration with external accounting software
  • Enhanced integration with 3rd-party hardware and tools
  • Custom data modifications and bulk actions
  • Various exports or imports
  • Basically, anything you can imagine thanks to UCRM API
  • And one more thing: Thanks to new UCRM webhooks, you can trigger the plugin automatically based on various action (e.g. when a late payer client is suspended)

As we are working hard to implement the most requested and valuable features and integration into UCRM, we realize there are many in the UCRM community who have ideas and needs. With UCRM Plugins, you can create your own plugin or improve an existing plugin and then push your updates to the open source repository to share your code, ideas, and comments with other members of the UCRM community.

UCRM Plugins have got off to a great start, with 3 key plugins to take a look at today:

• QuickBooks - easily export payments and invoices from UCRM to QuickBooks Online
  • Fio - automatically collects payment info from a bank account and pushes new payments into UCRM, associates them with clients and then invoices automatically
  • Template plugin - you've got to start somewhere, and our sample template plugin is the best place to get started when developing your own UCRM plugin ideas. Give it a try!

The whole UCRM team is excited to see what the community comes up with for UCRM Plugins, and we look forward to seeing more discussion on the community about them too.

Note that UCRM Plugins are compatible with UCRM v. 2.10.0-beta1 and higher.

Please see the links below for more information on UCRM Plugins.

General info: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002433113-UCRM-Plugins 

Plugins repo: https://github.com/Ubiquiti-App/UCRM-plugins

Established Member
Kudos: 169
Solutions: 4

Re: UCRM Plugins are here!!

It's great to see the quickbooks plugin is available.   It doesn't quite fill my needs perfectly.  I understand with the open sourceness of the plugin system the end user has the potential to customize a solution that can be tailored to fit their needs.  Unfortunately I have no coding skills.  I would however be willing to compensate someone to do so for me.    I guess I'm looking for some guidance from someone on how to accomplish what I am after.

Kudos: 9

This is great! Are there plug-in abilities for payment integration? Are there any existing plugins that allow different processors as of now? I'm looking to have my developer build an API that would allow any user  to use a payment processor of their own choice. Would building a plug-in be a good fit?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 164
Solutions: 120

Hello @markb540, we are looking into ways how to improve UCRM plugins, now that the base is out, to allow this. In theory you can already do this, but there is no way to include button for paying with your custom processor on the online payment page.

Kudos: 4

i try but i have error . i have create apps i have my client id and secret id, on redirect url  i dont know whats my url. and income account number it's my number account quickbooks?? i'm sorry quickbooks online it's new for me.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 14
Solutions: 1

Is anyone out there a decent developer that would be interested in talking to me about a plugin or two that I would like to have developed?

Kudos: 9

Yes, I do. I am currently working on an API/Plug-in that will integrate a more dynamic and impressive payment experience. This will also potentially add EMV device acceptance as well. Assessing scope currently.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 14

I'll send you a PM.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 18

[ Edited ]

Does development of plugins have to be submitted to the ucrm plugins repo or can they be developed independantly and installed on any UCRM instance?

In other words, do they have to remain open source or can they be privately developed for a business?

HTML, SCSS, Javascript(Ember.js), Ruby(Ruby on Rails), PHP
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1579
Solutions: 228

Interesting question. @UBNT-Petr what do you think?
Emerging Member
Kudos: 5

Is the ability to add visual plugins? I'm referring to adding content/additional html to client login views and/or Admin tools.

Thanks!

Kudos: 111

Anyone able to make a Propay Plugin?

Kudos: 70
Solutions: 5

Would love to see the Lob MaaS Integrated as a plugin (lob.com). They do Mail As A Service... as in PHYSICAL mail. The ability to have the system auto lob out invoices for customers who prefer paper and the choice in the invoicing screen to add a paper surcharge to cover the lob costs would be a fantastic addition in my opinion and since lob has an easy to use API in a million languages I imagine adding it would be a decently simple task. If no one is interested I may try but with how little time I have these days it would be ages before it got done (look at all the crickets on my mfios project lol).

Network Technician, Linux Junkie, Ubiquiti Installer, Proud UBNT Shareholder
Ubiquiti Employee

@Brandon-W yes, you can develop a plugin only for you. Just make the final zip archive and upload it manually to your UCRM according to the docs. No need to share it in the public repo, although we would appreciate if you do this. Even some basic raw version of a plugin can be used or extended by the community.

@jmordica not yet. The current Plugins can be used to manage UCRM data. We are considering to enable some visual output, although it will be specifically related to some sections, e.g. Reporting.

@webnetvn we would be glad to help anyone creating such a plugin. Also, we can quite promptly extend the UCRM API or webhooks to cover any possible need for this plugin.
Emerging Member

Can a plugin interact directly with the database or is it limited to the API for modifying data?

Are there docs on how to extend the UCRM admin with a plugin? It seems there is only some docs for a basic script addition but not explanations of integration.

@UBNT-Petrwrote:

@webnetvnwe would be glad to help anyone creating such a plugin. Also, we can quite promptly extend the UCRM API or webhooks to cover any possible need for this plugin.

Honestly i think Lob would be an awesome addition to the software even without the plugn aspect. if you guys added it in the same way you added integration with stripe for example and made it that easy to link it in it woul dbe great. the lob service is free and you only pay for the mail that you send so users can just set up an account and add a webhook like that it would make for a really nice feature for auto mailing and save us a lot of time / paper / postage / running to the post office etc. i can create it as a feature request if you think its somethign the team might be interested in adding as a ucrm feature rather than a plugin

Ubiquiti Employee

@webnetvn yes please, create a feature request. If it gets a lot of votes, we will definitely consider a direct implementation into UCRM.
Emerging Member

Would it be an option to develop a plugin version that is public but offer for sale a premium version download elsewhere? Similar to wordpress/drupal where some plugins are free but others require a subscription to support ongoing development.

Lob integration idea added. If others like it pleasse give it a kudo! i cant kudo my own idea or i would Man Tongue

Click Me and hit that Kudo Button! Man Very Happy

Ubiquiti Employee

@Brandon-W
yes, this could be an option.

UCRM Plugins are basically zip archives which can be developed and stored anywhere and you can import it to UCRM from any source.

Currently, UBNT doesn't plan to develop paid plugins but anyone else can and we can provide a platform to meet the developers with UCRM users.