Kudos: 2

Any updates on Auto Pay??

Looking to migrate to UCRM, but do not see any documentation that Auto Pay is a implemented feature yet.  We need invoices paid in full and 0 balance not ran as is how the current subscription feature appears to work.  

Any Updates appreciated.  Unfortunately this is a big enough issue to stop our migration

@UBNT-Petr any thoughts

thanks

Re: Any updates on Auto Pay??

@UBNT-Petr 

If there are links to current info please advise.  Links to work arounds also welcome.

Looks like Dev team is shifting this to plugin community for resolutions?? is this correct?

Any info helpful.

Your thoughts please.

Kudos: 69
Solutions: 3

Hi Trissa, (I don't work for UBNT but I run two production UNMS/UCRM systems)

Right now Payment Subscriptions can be set up via Stripe, PayPal, IPPay, Autherize.net and a few others. People are developing plugins to support other payment gatewyas like https://www.charuwts.com/plugins/ucrm-gocardless-payments-plugin . This is still up and co,ing

People choose a date when their payment is ran (UCRM advised them to go to the next billing date). It will not bill on an 0 balance.

We've been running payment subscriptions for a few months now and it works.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1971
Solutions: 151

Subscriptions (as implemented by the MSPs) are based on a fixed price per month.

We need a way to allow customers to authorize an automatic payment (up to a pre-set maximum) that is not tied to a specific price.

my understanding of a subscription is that it is a fixed price sent out every month by Stripe for example.  This amount is base on a price set by the client when setting up the payment.  It is not based on the actual invoice that is generated.  So it you do a service call and charge a service fee the invoice will reflect the addition charge but the subscription will not know to pay anything other than the predetermined amount.  Which would end in a disconnect if customer does not login and pay remaining balance.  Another scenario is if a customer logins and pays ahead a month online (not sure why they would but have had weirder things happen) the subscription would still run creating a double payment.  My experience with auto pay is that it is completely based on a posted invoice and that is what is debited or charged.

We do 90 percent of our customers as a ACH debit based on posted invoice amount.  I admit that for most a subscription would work but we would have at least 10-20 customers a month that this would not work for.  Which will mean more work for us to monitor and stay on top of, which we don't have to do now.

I am not finding current information on this topic, it was discussed quite a bit last year this time and I thought it was put on the roadmap for added feature.  As of right now it looks to me as the UCRM team has dropped it from their radar and punted it to the plugin realm.  Which honestly disappoints me.

I am wanting to convert to UCRM, have been following for years, have an opportunity to convert this spring and by all signs and also silence from UCRM team I don't have a option for auto pay.  

Guess what I am saying it makes me sad. Man Sad  

My post and question is just trying to verify that what I am concluding is correct, which is fine but it would be nice to have clarified so a person can make a decision,  Or corrected if I am missing something obvious like a developed plugin or a setting in UCRm that I turn can on.  Not uncommon for me to not see whats right in front of me.

Anyway, sorry for the rant and thank you for the reply.

Yes, you are 100% right. I forgot that is how good payment subscriptions are supposed to work because we've been living in UCRM subscription world for 6 months.

That being said, UCRM saves us tons of time other places, and has been totally worth it. Although this was one of our biggest issues with customers at first. If it gets fixed in the future (for many payment providers, including more than just Stripe) many people herewill be happy.

I completely agree, researching and testing the many great options that are in UCRM make us very driven to migrate.

But, as you said " Although this was one of our biggest issues with customers at first." this worries me.  We have no web portal and forcing customer to start using one, would be very painful and possibly damage our great service reputation.  

Again UBNT Dev team, please advise on your position on this matter.

Thanks

So we went through this same exact thing- Very rural area, no web portal at all before UCRM. You just will need to be prepared to put in extra work at first to help people prepare if you do make the switch. Surprisingly, a lot of people figured it out. If you use Stripe as your payment gateway it does make it easier for customers.

One thing I wish I did was send out more warning/how-tos to customers. Unfortunately, we didn't even have a good way to email blast all our customers before UCRM.

We are 3 months in and it was very bumpy at first, but now all our customers like it. They like seeing their invoices, doing support tickets right in one place, and paying online. We tell all our very rural anti-tech people that they can mail a check. We then just mark the check against the invoice.

We also offer PayPal as an option which some people like as well.

[ Edited ]

Perfect example of why this is a big issue- I just found a customer who created 2 auto-pay subscriptions by accident via Authorize.net. So he was going to be paying double his balance in advance every month if I did not stumble upon his account. There is no check to say "you already have a payment subscription",

I deleted one of them, but the other one will charge $99 on June 1st.

On June 1st, the customer will get a $99 dollar invoice which will be paid by his -$99 credit. Then autopay will hit, and he will be back to -$99 credit. The system should know that if there is 0 balance, DO NOT CHARGE AGAIN. Even if all thats fixed is the no charging on 0 balance, that fixes a huge part of the issue.

2019-05-09_15-01-16.png

BosCloud, your arguing my point.  Subscription service cannot do anything but send money on a rpedetermined date period.  So the is no way to not charge on zero balance.

It has to be submitted based on invoice or you might as well double check everytime you recieve a payment.

Also we will up or down services levels on a phone call, so the only way I see for a subscription service to work is to have all billing changes handled by customer in web portal.  We do like having customers call it provides a point of service which help keep or customer service image sharp.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1471
Solutions: 315

Hi all,

for those who need more info about the current state and current features, take a look at https://ucrm-demo.ubnt.com/help/subscriptions
In a nutshell, UCRM is currently capable of:
- onetime payments
- simple subscriptions (fixed amount on fixed date)
- subscriptions linked to client's service price (NOT to the invoice or client account balance) - for Stripe only

Our plans for future development:
1/ auto pay (variable amount charged based on the client's account balance) - though, we will start with one gateway only and so we will probably never satisfy everyone (around 20 gateways are requested and we will not be able to focus so much on so many gateways), that's why we are also working on:
2/ extend UCRM API and other UCRM features needed for a custom payment plugins - most of this is already done and some payment plugins are under development now.

Btw, seems IPpay is establishing a team to create such a plugin for UCRM. If you are interested in this, you might probably refer to them for more info.

What is the gateway for which you would like to have autopay first?

Kudos: 52
Solutions: 7

[ Edited ]

I can understand the disappointment with having to turn to a plugin, but if it's of interest I thought I'd point out that this could be available for more gateways more quickly if developers each took on different gateways. So there could be an advantage to using the plugin community to solve the problem.

The premium UCRM Signup Plugin supports autopay by charging customers based on due unpaid invoices via Stripe. (Which, in the future could also have the option to select how many days in advance)  Currently it's only if they signup through the form with payment collection turned on or if you manually link their Stripe Customer ID, but a feature that allows the customer or admin to "enable" autopay and submit their payment information could easily be added.

Currently the priority is to get GoCardless beta launched ASAP, which already has this functionality as well by providing the customer or admin with the ability to "enable autopay" by setting up a mandate with GoCardless.

If you're interested, keep an eye on those threads I linked, I'll be posting updates over the weekend. Things have been slow but steady, if there continues to be enough interest I can make these projects a higher priority for development. Since gateways appear to be a hot topic, and Ubiquity has their hands full as it is, I would be interested in doing the work but it will be a few more months before development on new ones can begin. Since Charuwts has developed a few plugins now, the familiarity with UCRM will help development time.

To summerize, the Gateways I've developed will charged based on unpiad or partially paid invoices, this is not dependant on a subscription or services. So manually created invoices or invoices created by a service will be paid simply when the invoice is due.

HTML, SCSS, Javascript(Ember.js), Ruby(Ruby on Rails), PHP
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1471
Solutions: 315

@Brandon-W good to know, more payment gateways are coming. Note that we are just working on some improvements to enable the plugin to interact with the UCRM UI, so soon it will be possible to create onetime payment or subscription (powered by the plugin) via a button on the client's profile in the client zone, or it will be possible to show existing payment subscriptions on the clients profile page. We will soon share more info about how to configure this in the plugin.

Kudos: 52
Solutions: 7

@UBNT-Petr wrote:
@Brandon-Wgood to know, more payment gateways are coming. Note that we are just working on some improvements to enable the plugin to interact with the UCRM UI, so soon it will be possible to create onetime payment or subscription (powered by the plugin) via a button on the client's profile in the client zone, or it will be possible to show existing payment subscriptions on the clients profile page. We will soon share more info about how to configure this in the plugin.

Thank you @UBNT-Petr Looking forward to the improvements!

HTML, SCSS, Javascript(Ember.js), Ruby(Ruby on Rails), PHP

Thank you so much for the reply.  It certainly helps in giving us a direction.  

We currently use Authorize for our gateway.  However we have created an account with Stripe because it seemed have more UCRM support.  Looks like for my research Authorize and Stripe are utilized mostly.

So in short we would consider what ever gateway that the DEV team chose first to be able to get this feature.

I know the was been discussed over a year ago, is this something actively been worked on or its a future project?

Thank you again and look forward to your thoughts.