Kudos: 229
Solutions: 24

Balance problem

[ Edited ]

We have a client that has stopped his contract due to an unexpected reason, exactly on the date that he has been sent his new invoice.
We want to delete the invoice.

But we keep on having problems with the European obligation to make credit notes for invoices that need to be deleted.

We make the credit notes with a negative invoice. This works fine to make the document that will make the balance 0.

Although officially it should be marked 'credit note' we are already happy with this because at least our accounting will be ok when we do an export for tax office. 

But the balance of that client is not ok in UCRM.

When we make a negative invoice, it is immediately marked as paid. That is ok. It is also added to the account balance in the overview of the client. That is immediately 0. But it is not calculated in outstanding. That still marks the original invoice as outstanding.
So when we then add a payment to that original invoice, we would expect to see the balance 0, since both the negative invoice and the original invoice are marked as paid, but it is not like that.
The payment is then added to the balance.

How can we get the balance, credit and outstanding 0?

Re: Balance problem

Could someone confirm that this will be corrected in future versions? We now have several clients that have a wrong balance and there is no possibility for us to correct this.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1217
Solutions: 264

Yes, credit notes are added to our scope.

As you said, the invoice with negative balance is sort of temporary workaround but it has some unpleasant side effects.

@UBNT-Petr we manage with the negative invoices for now.

But I don't know how the balance is counted but should balance not always be 0 if both outstanding and credit are 0?

Highlighted
Kudos: 67

Up

I use the same workaround  ...  issue negative invoices instead of credit notes (i hope it will avaible soon in ucrm)

wich a marked automatic as paid ... then a insert the payment to the invoice for wich i issued the negative invoice ... but the problem are in account stament wich current balance not 0

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1217
Solutions: 264

Hi,
agreed that the account balance should be fixed (currently, the negative invoices are not involved in the client's outstanding and account balance) - we will look into that soon.

Once it's fixed, I think the negative invoices could work as the Credit Notes pretty well. Don't forget you can use a different invoice template (in this case credit note template) when creating a new invoice manually.

Selection_999(165).png

On the other hand, this invoice must be created manually and there is no automatic linking between the credit note and the original invoice. If you or the other users from the community feel that this should be done automatically by UCRM, please upvote this feature request: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Feature-Requests/Credit-Note-for-Invoice-not-paid/idi-p/2403380