Kudos: 19
Solutions: 2

Billing issues customer's showing past due, but they are not.

My customer's are billed on the 1st of every month, All payments are processed thru Stripe on the 3rd. Most of my customer's are coming up with past due issues, but they are not past due. What dates do I have to change to correct this and how do I make those changes.

Billing Period Type = Forward

Billing Period Start Date = 1st

Create Invoice = 15 days in advance 

When I entered all of our customer's into UCRM (for the 1st time) it was in the month of September 2018 on different dates thru out the month. All the invoice dates were set for the date that I entered a customer and then processed thru Stripe with a subscription that was created on the 3rd of the following month (October). Now customer's that were created in the beginning of the previous month (September) all show past due and received late notices even though they are set to be billed on the 3rd. What do I need to change to fix this.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1376
Solutions: 299

Re: Billing issues customer's showing past due, but they are not.

@WVHotSpot can you please share the whole client's log (or client's account statement) to see the whole history of invoices and payments?

The client shouldn't become past due if the payment is received before the invoice due date. Please check the "invoice maturity days".
If the payment is received before the invoice is even issued, there should be no problem as well. The payment is converted into client's credit and later the invoice is automatically paid with this credit. Just check the toggle "use credit automatically" is on.

If you are sure the payment was received in time and still the invoice is overdue, the payment must have been attached to another invoice. Please check this out.
Kudos: 19
Solutions: 2

Example:

An invoice was generated on the 11th. The subscription was created and billed on the 3rd of the following month.The system is set to create the invoice 15 days in advance. So, if you take the 3rd and subtract 15 days (18th) it will show past due.

What date and where do we change it so it will no longer be past due?

Not sure what you men by "invoice maturity days".

Ubiquiti Employee

Hi, I think the main misunderstanding is in the payment subscription. The subscription date is not related to any other billing settings. 

You can set the timing of the payment and separately, you can set the timing for invoicing. It's up to you (or your client) to ensure that the payment arrives before the invoice gets overdue.

And how and when the invoice gets overdue is configurable in the service's billing settings. This might help:

(Besides, you can just open any created invoice, and you will see its created date and due date - check the payment subscription date is before the due date)

Screenshot_4 (1).png

Kudos: 13

I'm seeing this behaviour as well. 

What happens is an invoice is sent on the 11th. A late notice is sent on the 12th. That's ridiculous. 

What should happen is an invoice is sent on the 11th. On the 12th, the invoice shows in the late column view, but is yellow (not red) because it's within the acceptable delay period (which should default to 7 days, but be a parameter that we can adjust, preferrably on a per-client basis as some do weird things with their billing). And on the 18th the first late notice email should go out. (or whatever day it should be based on the customized setting we have for that client.

Otherwise, it's not terribly useful and makes us look like jerks.

Ubiquiti Employee

@kevhamm you can configure the "Invoice maturity days" globally in System > Organization > select your organization -> edit the billing settings.
Or you can configure this per client: check the billing settings in the client's edit page.

If you think something is not working as it should, please send us some screenshots of your settings and CSV export of the client's log (at the bottom of the client's profile page).