Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Can I change client ID format?

Is there a way to change the client ID format after the initial setup screen on install?  I thought I had set the format I wanted, but my client IDs are coming out 1, 2, 3...

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1319
Solutions: 292

Re: Can I change client ID format?

this works for the invoice number format. Custom ID has no format configuration so far - it can be managed one by one per client in the client's edit form.

Please create a new feature request with a suggestion for custom client id format if you feel this could be useful for more ISPs: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Feature-Requests/idb-p/UCRM-Ideas

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee

@vortrex these are your options:

1) you can modify the format of "custom ID", but note that the auto-increment won't work if you use some non-numeric characters. Also, you may want to set "Displayed client ID = Custom" in System > Settings to use and show the custom ID (instead of the system ID) throughout the system.

2) The format of client ID (system default, with auto-increment) can't be modified. But you can set the starting value (e.g. 1000 instead of 1) - go to System > Settings > Application - Next client ID
Solutions: 1

Where is the location of setting the custom ID?  Do you mean this is the "next client ID"?  I thought when I set this up I had the option to set the total number of digits and to preface the number with something like the date stamp?

Ubiquiti Employee

this works for the invoice number format. Custom ID has no format configuration so far - it can be managed one by one per client in the client's edit form.

Please create a new feature request with a suggestion for custom client id format if you feel this could be useful for more ISPs: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Feature-Requests/idb-p/UCRM-Ideas