Veteran Member
Kudos: 1854
Solutions: 138

Data Usage Report including previously terminated services

[ Edited ]

We have a customer who moved at the end of last year.  A new customer picked up the service at his old address, and we installed a new service at his new address.  The Client Zone correctly shows his old usage (prior to the move) and the new customer has the correct info in their Client Zone.  Today's Data Usage Report still includes the expired service (now over a month old):

2.15.0 data usage.png

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 214
Solutions: 150

Re: Data Usage Report including previously terminated services

Hello @MimCom, thank you for the report. We'll look into it.

Did you change remove the service device from the expired service or is it still there? If still there with the same IP, it might be the problem.

Veteran Member

The new customer (same service device, same IP) has usage in row 6 of that report.  The 'old service' showing on row 1 of the report is the previous customer at that address.  Row 2 is that customer at his new address.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1345
Solutions: 295

@MimCom as mentioned above, please check the old terminated service - if there is still some service device and IP assigned, the data usage detection won't be stopped.
Veteran Member

[ Edited ]

The Management IP and router IP were both removed from the service device so they could be reassigned to the new customer:

old-service-device.png

I just deleted the service device and will check the report tomorrow.

Ubiquiti Employee

we will check it out.
Veteran Member

I just re-ran the report and the usage from the terminated service is still included:

2.15.0-b6 data usage.png

FWIW, the service was given an end date of 12/31/18 sometime in December.  On January 1st, I tried to assign the service device IP to the new customer, but I had to delete the IP from the old service first.

Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

We will improve this. The headers are a bit misleading in case of terminated services. E.g. The period of Dec is titled as Current Period, although today is Jan or Feb. But I assume there is no issue with the numbers of detected traffic, right?

Veteran Member

Yes, the usage numbers appear to be correct -- just need to tweak the display query a bit.