Kudos: 1
Accepted Solution

Device Discovery UCRM

Hello,

I just finished setting up the UCRM and I am very excited to see it work. I used Virtual box, static the ip on my virtual ubuntu server and just inserted the command and watched it do its thing. After complete setup, I was very impressed at the look and feel of the interface. However, I do have a question.. Doesn't the UCRM perform device discovery? I mean, it is very tedious to sit and configure each and every unit into the platform. I am also using Aircontrol. 

Please let me know. 

Tyrone

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1429
Solutions: 312

Re: Device Discovery UCRM

Hi @Tyroneoptgy thanks for your feedback.
The discovery is not incorporated in UCRM for now but it will be there in the future versions since we plan to integrate UCRM with UBNT network management systems to utilize features like this.

Now, you can use "quick add device" feature. You will just provide IP, login and password and all other device attributes will be loaded for you (Network > Devices > Quick add device)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee

Hi @Tyroneoptgy thanks for your feedback.
The discovery is not incorporated in UCRM for now but it will be there in the future versions since we plan to integrate UCRM with UBNT network management systems to utilize features like this.

Now, you can use "quick add device" feature. You will just provide IP, login and password and all other device attributes will be loaded for you (Network > Devices > Quick add device)

Kudos: 1

Do you have a time frame as to when we will have another upgrade? BTW the system is very responsive.

Please give me step by step procedure how to add device on ucrm, my device is nano beam 5 ac 16.. thank you
Ubiquiti Employee

@vfyxwuz if you are talking about client's service device (CPE), you should:
1) open the client's service page
2) click on the "+" button in the "Service devices" box
3) configure the device parameters

If you need to create a network device
1) Go to Network > Devices
2) Clieck "+" quick add device and provide device IP, etc.
Kudos: 5

I have many devices monitored by a UCRM. Today I tried to add a new 5AC device which I updated FW to 8.5.12. It sets up fine, but UCRM discovers it on a 169.252.16.xx IP and fails to connect. I can ping and open it's browser on the 192.168.1.xxx IP I have assigned it. I have tried discovery by IP and discovery.
I have downgraded FW to 8.5.8 and Discovery finds it right away and connects without a problem.

Is there a problem with FW 8.5.12 or is there something else required?
Where do i find the "Network>Devices you mention above?
Thanks,
Al