2 weeks ago
a free Dropbox is only 2GB
they backups are going to take all the space quickly at the rate it's going..
I have it set to keep up to 30 Days of backups does this mean it will start over righting the backups on Dropbox after 30 days or that it will just stop backing up to Dropbox after 30days?
is there any way to have it overnight the same 2 backups?
if it over rights on days set by "keep up to" days that is perfectly fine but I can't find any details on this in the how-to files..
2 weeks ago
The DropBox how to is missing info on this
it says the option how many backups file to keep at maximum
but the only dropbox setting is "keep up to set number of backups and will be made twice a day"
after talking with you I realize that this is the setting the guide is referring to but the how-to guide is not clear on this
If you enable this feature, backups are uploaded to a Dropbox folder, right after they are created.
The option "How many backup files to keep at maximum" applies to the Dropbox folder as well. If you wish to keep older backups in Dropbox, rename them or move them into a different folder.
Before backups can be synchronized with Dropbox, you need to authorize UCRM to create and access its Dropbox folder.
- In System → Tools → Backup, enable Synchronize with Dropbox under the Additional settings.
- Go to the Dropbox App console.
- Select or create your app. If you don't have one yet:
- Click the "Create app" button.
- Choose the "Dropbox API" option.
- Choose the "App folder" access type.
- Enter any name you want for the app, e.g. "UCRM backups".
- Submit the "Create app" form.
- You will be redirected to the app info page. You can find all the information you will need here.
- Scroll to the "Generated Access Token", click "Generate" and copy the value into Generated access token under the Additional settings in System → Tools → Backup.
- Save the form. UCRM backups will now be synchronized with Dropbox. First synchronization will happen when the configuration is completed, and afterwards every time when a new backup is created.