Kudos: 144
Solutions: 4
Accepted Solution

FEATURE Req: Surcharge field, add date range ability

[ Edited ]

We offer our clients the option to finance the installation fee over a couple of months.  I tried to set this with the "Surcharge" field, however I could not define a starting date and ending date.  So, we came up with a work-around usign the "Discount" field, however I am sure it was never designed to work this way.

Our work-around consisted of adding our monthly finance charge of -$12.50 as a dollar amount in the discount section.  This way, we could set a start and end date, and the negative discount amount actually ADDED the amount to the monthly bill instead of taking away.  We also changed the field name for those particualr services from "discount" to "Installation Finance Fee"

Seems like this is going to work quite well, until the ability to enter negative amounts is taken away or 'Fixed" in the discount section.

That said, to reduce confusion, it would be nice to have an added field with the ability to set the date range and add a particular amount to the service.  Whether users use it for finance charges or whatever.

OR

Simply allow a date range to be entered in the "Surcharge" field.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1471
Solutions: 315

Re: FEATURE Req: Surcharge field, add date range ability

[ Edited ]

This might be even better work-around:

• create a service plan called "Installation fee"
  • add new client service related to this service plan
  • set invoicing start day, end day, period according to the given client service
  • let the "invoice separately" flag unchecked

This will make one recurring invoice with two items: the service and the fee with the same invoicing period, etc. while the second invoice item will be called "installation fee" and this fee invoicing will expire on the invoicing end day. After the expiration only the first service will appear on the invoice.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

This might be even better work-around:

• create a service plan called "Installation fee"
  • add new client service related to this service plan
  • set invoicing start day, end day, period according to the given client service
  • let the "invoice separately" flag unchecked

This will make one recurring invoice with two items: the service and the fee with the same invoicing period, etc. while the second invoice item will be called "installation fee" and this fee invoicing will expire on the invoicing end day. After the expiration only the first service will appear on the invoice.

Kudos: 17

Are you guys talking the same thing as this thread?

Ubiquiti Employee

@drawpaint, the thread you metioned is about "custom invoicing day" - this feature wich has no workaround for now, but we will add it soon to UCRM.

This issue in this thread is about "how to add a time limited fee to a service". But in UCRM you can only attach this to a service:

- surcharge: but this can't be time limited (this is designed for some regulatory fees and so)

- discount: it can be time limited but you shoudn't misuse discount as a fee

So what I suggested is to create a new service, which can be time limited (and with the same invoice start and end day), it can be set with the same billing period and it can be attached to the previous service because all services are invoiced together on condition the flag "invoice separately" is not checked.

Kudos: 17

Ok I got it, thanks @UBNT-Petr !

Kudos: 10
Solutions: 1

Looks like this solution (workaround) will do the trick thank you @UBNT-Petr 

I have a need to limit this surcharge (service workaround) to 6 months. Easy enough, set min contract length to 6 months and make it a closed-ended contract. BUT...

What I noticed, the end date field isn't automatically populated with the minimum contract length based on the activation date.

Contract Length.png

While not a huge deal it is a bit of a nuisance, any way to address?

Ubiquiti Employee

@biffenager I understand this might be helpful for you but I don't think this should be automatic for everyone. Probably, the best solution could be to enable users to configure this in the service plan (so each service inherits these settings), please create a new feature request for this https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Feature-Requests/idb-p/UCRM-Ideas