Kudos: 7

Feature Request - SMS/Email notifications (nice to have)

Hallo,

We use an external sms service to send notifications about network maintenance or outages to customers.  It will be great if UCRM could send email and/or sms notifications to all customers then we dont have to update 2 systems.

Thanks.

Kudos: 63
Solutions: 10

Re: Feature Request - SMS/Email notifications (nice to have)

+1 for email notification

Kudos: 30
Solutions: 2

[ Edited ]

Since the customers have a portal, I feel like we should just allow them to enable that feature on thier own. By giving then a field to input thier phone number and select from a list of providers in order to dictate what email string would be used in conjunction with thier number.

The system will already know what interface the customer is connected to. So, if that interface is unreachable just shoot them a text.

Hell, even let them respond to it with anything and it will update the status and tell them its either up, or still down..

Kudos: 132
Solutions: 27

karelh wrote:

Hallo,

We use an external sms service to send notifications about network maintenance or outages to customers.  It will be great if UCRM could send email and/or sms notifications to all customers then we dont have to update 2 systems.

Thanks.

Also SMS to remind them their bill is coming due.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 156
Solutions: 117

There will be email outage notifications for administrators in next release. I don't know about notifications for customers, but I will ask about that and let you know.

I agree. At the moment i have to update customers email addresses to a seperate server that does simple email groups (notifications@domain.com -> goes to all customers) and then send emails to that distro to allow them to be notified of issues ext. 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 156
Solutions: 117

Hello everyone, so I have been told, that SMS notifications are indeed in our scope, but with low priority. I would not expect them this year.

What about email notifications? It would be super nice to be able to email all customers or customers at a certain site about a planned outage or upgrade without having to maintain another mailing list.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1056
Solutions: 239

@snet2 this sounds good, added to the wishlist. Though, this feature does not have the top priority.

Highlighted
Kudos: 9
Solutions: 1

I've been using "Radius Manager" with another vendor's routers (and ubiquiti radios) to send sms notices, passwords, sign ups, etc...

This reply from Ubiquiti/UCRM support was @ 2016, mentioning it would be on RoadMap, though not a priority.

To me that's a bit suprising not to have sms in with the UCRM package.

Wouldn't the new Plugins lend themselve to something like this?

Any new plans to implement SMS?

@UBNT-Ondra wrote:

Hello everyone, so I have been told, that SMS notifications are indeed in our scope, but with low priority. I would not expect them this year.

Thx

Ubiquiti Employee

@bigohshin yes, we know SMS notifications are requested by many users. At the moment, we plan to provide the community with SMS Plugin around the release of v2.14

However, that's why we released plugins&webhooks extensions for UCRM which is the right tool to enable anyone to work on this, and giving us more time to focus on tons of other features which cannot be done via plugins.
Kudos: 9

Got it. Thx.

Kudos: 377

umm SMS notification is very easy just use the Email address of ther phone number t (i.e. 6305551212@email.uscc.net) 

that would send a email to U.S Cellular and the customer would get the txt msg 

so really all that needs to happen for this to work is add a Enable and Disable tic box to 2nd email address for alerts to be sent to

Kudos: 67

I agree! 

We currently use SorryApp for this https://www.sorryapp.com

Would be good to have this kind of functionality in UCRM directly. Including a network status page for customers! 

Ubiquiti Employee

Thanks for info, we will take this into account. UCRM Plugins are very flexible and can adopt this way of sending SMS via emails for sure.