Veteran Member
Kudos: 664
Solutions: 19

Good Progress on mobile view can we please bring some things to desktop view

if I view UCRM I get what I have been asking for a sticky toolbar on the top and the left sidebar can be hidden 

can you please bring these things to desktop view

thanks for the hard work!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1256
Solutions: 272

Re: Good Progress on mobile view can we please bring some things to desktop view

[ Edited ]

Yes, "menu hide/show" feature will be added to UCRM. Not sure though when this will be scheduled, at latest it will be there along with the Integrated UCRM & UNMS.

Established Member
Kudos: 164
Solutions: 23

Re: Good Progress on mobile view can we please bring some things to desktop view

Very happy to be able to see the web GUI on a phone!

Can you show the UNMS guys how to do this?

It would nice to have a button that would send the coordinates to Google Maps and open Google Maps.

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
Ubiquiti Employee

@JWW Did you try the UNMS mobile app? It should be more user-friendly than UNMS web app shown in the mobile.
Established Member

@UBNT-Petr

I've been watching the mobile apps in the hopes that they become useful, but so far they aren't of much use at all.

The UCRM app would start to be useful if it didn't use a built in map but passed the coordinates to Google maps.  At least let us copy the concatenated latitude and longitude.

I just took another look at the UNMS app and it just kept crashing.  And not being able to copy any text that appears on the screen is irritating.  

The only advantage that I can see an app over a mobile web GUI is the possibility of an offline mode.

Until the apps have the full functionality of the web GUI their usefullness is limited.

I'm probably missing something though...

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
Ubiquiti Employee

> The UCRM app would start to be useful if it didn't use a built in map but passed the coordinates to Google maps.

@JWW the app provides both, the built in map and a link to Google maps. Just tap on the pin, then you will see the google map icon which will bring you to Google maps.

> I just took another look at the UNMS app and it just kept crashing

I will pass it to the UNMS team. Feel free to reach them at https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UNMS-Beta/bd-p/UNMSBeta

> The only advantage that I can see an app over a mobile web GUI is the possibility of an offline mode.

> Until the apps have the full functionality of the web GUI their usefullness is limited.

The purpose of the app is to enable most useful features mostly for the technicians working in the field. Not all the WEB features are planned though, to keep it easy and usable even on small screens. However, Offline mode is added to our scope.

Established Member

@UBNT-Petr

Tapping the pin doesn't do anything, but I did notice a couple of new icons in the lower right corner of the map and they do exactly what I'd expect!  Man Happy

It would be nice if the mobile web GUI had these two icons also.

Now if we had an offline mode with background WiFi sync (and manual sync for cell data when necessary) we wouldn't have to stop and VPN in on our cell phones to use this.

I'll work up a list of the most common tasks that we'd need in the field and reply.  But we could use the web GUI as a backup to missing features in the app for now when we're able to VPN.

The most important that I see is that it's missing the ability to add new customers and all that's associated with adding and editing a new service.  That is the most used feature for our technicians.

Once UNMS is integrated the needed feature set grows greatly!

Thanks!

From the forum rules:
Established Member

@UBNT-Petr

Well earlier today there were a couple of new icons on the Client maps in the UCRM app, one for directions in Google Maps and one to just open Google Maps.

Later today the icons are missing.  I restarted the app, but they are still missing. 

From the forum rules:
Veteran Member

@UBNT-Petr 

@@@The mobile view in chrome if you go full screen with map then click the Google icon bottom left it will open the same location in Google maps then you have to long press on the Google maps to get directi

Can we please get a latitude longitude link that is updated by where the drop pin is placed and not the address

This will allow us to just click the link and get accurate directions on on phone as the address will almost always take you to the wrong location

Established Member

@900mhzdude

@UBNT-Petr

I see what UBNT-Petr was saying now - tapping the red pin causes the Google Map icons to slide onto the map.

I don't see any advantage to not showing these icons at all times and it sure is confusing if you didn't know this secret!

From the forum rules:
Ubiquiti Employee

This is a secret built-in feature of the google map itself, not implemented by us.
We will consider some improvements, especially for showing the Lat, Lon.
Highlighted
Established Member

Especially concatenated coordinates that are easily copied to be pasted elsewhere!  Man Happy

From the forum rules:
Established Member

@UBNT-Petr  I'm seeing some odd behavoir on the app - If we've created a Service we can see a map. 

We can click on the red pin and the map will give us a couple of icons in the lower right hand corner so that we can see the location on Google Maps or get directions via Google Maps.  This is fine.

But if a Service hasn't been made yet (Client Lead) the map does not come up.  If you hit '>' you can hit the blue right arrow icon Google Maps will start giving you directions to where Google Maps thinks the address is.

First of all, if this worked the same way that Clients that have Services set up it would be a lot more useful - we often don't want directions (Google is often inaccurate) we just want to see the location on the map.

It's very important that UCRM pay attention to the coordinates that we go to all of the trouble to enter - Google Maps is often inaccurate.  The map coordinates are accurate because we put them in ourselves.

From the forum rules:
Ubiquiti Employee

@JWW, now the map is shown only for clients having some service. So you suggest to show the map even when there is no service and show a pin for client's location (instead of the service location), am I right?
Established Member

Well, as a default if there is no service set up yet.   This is important for Client Leads.

And it's very important that the coordinates are used instead of the address.

From the forum rules:
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 189
Solutions: 134

[ Edited ]

Hello @JWW, if you create Client Lead with no services and give him GPS coordinates, the map will actually be visible.

Take a look in the demo for example https://ucrm-demo.ubnt.com/client/65

Established Member

@UBNT-Ondra  I'll try that today, but I wasn't seeing that yesterday.

By the way, when I say coordinates that means I have put in a Client's address, clicked Resolve, then moved the pin to the correct location.  

Again, addressing is almost never accurate and sometimes is many miles off in our area.

From the forum rules:
Veteran Member

@UBNT-Ondra@UBNT-Petr

if you enter the GPS location or address the Map shows up in UCRM

The issue is it does NOT show up in the UCRM Android Mobile app

it only displays the address which takes you to the wrong location as it does not follow the fixed GPS location with the drop pin on the map resulting in sending installers an hour in the wrong direction

if a service is created the UCRM Mobile gets a MAP where Google has its own buttons that allow for directions or takes you to the location this is what we need to bring to client leads

Ubiquiti Employee

Understand, this could be improved in the mobile app. Added to the mobile dev scope. Thanks.
Established Member

@UBNT-Ondra  

I just checked this again.  Here is the workflow:

1. Make a Client Lead, adding the address.  

2. Click on Resolve GPS.

3. Since the address alomost always resolves to the wrong GPS coordinates move the pin on the map to the correct location.  This fills out the GPS coordinates.

4. At this time the Client Lead should be ready to hand to an installation technician.  We'd like to be able to Schedule this as a Job in UCRM at this point, but this is too far from being ready.  So we just have to email the technician.

5. The technician in the field will VPN into our network and open the UCRM app.  He will then do a search for the Client Lead.  

6. The Client Lead won't have a Service yet so there will not be a map shown.

7. So then the technician will click on '>' and click on the address.  Nothing will happen.

8. The technician will then click on the blue right arrow icon and be presented with directions to the address (not the corrected coordinates) from his current location.  

9. The technician will give up on the app and find a coffee shop where he can use a laptop online and find the actual location that way.

10. The technician will email the prospective Client to set up an appointment.

11. When leaving for the appointment the technician will hope that these issues have been fixed in the app and go through most of these steps again.

The blue icon should just find the location on Google Maps.  The technician will decide if he wants directions then tell the Google Maps app himself.

The address is not useful to us.  We need to use the coordinates instead.

From the forum rules: