Kudos: 45
Solutions: 6

Halloween icon in UCRM :-(

I gotta say I really don't appreciate the little easter egg of the halloween icon on the UCRM dashboard for the client leads. Not everyone thinks halloween is a good thing.

very poor taste.

Screenshot-from-2018-10-31 09-01-05.png
Kudos: 8

Re: Halloween icon in UCRM :-(

I thought it was fun.

That's the whole problem with it. To some it is offensive and to some it is fun. It's not business related. Best to leave it out.

Kudos: 15
Solutions: 1

Welp, I thought it was a nice little touch.  Sorry it's offensive to you, but let them have a little fun.  Its nice to have a little fun with your work.

Established Member
Kudos: 223
Solutions: 4

Can't put a CC on the itty bitty credit card icon, but we can put a pumpkin up. yea priorities.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 16

No disrespect, but if a company like Google can have fun (see home page), it seems reasonable to think UBNT can too.

On the other hand....I can see why there is merit behind keeping fun things out of the billing software that we pay for. Oh, wait..... Man Happy

It is cool you guys are having some fun with the FREE software you guys work hard at providing for us.

Kudos: 115

I say it was pretty cool.  If someone else doesn't like it then don't look at it.  Halloween has been around for hundreds of years.  We are not changing just because someone doesn't like it.  Same with Christmas.  Both have been around longer then the mutts who want it changed.  Man Happy

@asni wrote:

I say it was pretty cool.  If someone else doesn't like it then don't look at it.  Halloween has been around for hundreds of years.  We are not changing just because someone doesn't like it.  Same with Christmas.  Both have been around longer then the mutts who want it changed.  Man Happy

And people wonder why civil discourse is so difficult today...

Veteran Member
Kudos: 598
Solutions: 18

I'm more upset about them wasting time on a stupid easter egg that they could have added notifications for admins in the same amount of time

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1753
Solutions: 136

Do we know that development effort was even involved?  Perhaps just a checkbox option in some FOSS module or library.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 10

Same to me as the author says, not everyone likes haloween. It's the same as not everyone likes the same kind of fun.

If you want to display some kind of fun in the system, put an optionbox and everyone can switch it on Man Wink

Established Member
Kudos: 223
Solutions: 4

It's not even about Halloween, geesh, it's a pumpkin. It's about have fun later.
Emerging Member

Sure it is about haloween... If not, it would be displayed at other time of the year.

This is my last post to this thread, flame is already on Man Wink

Kudos: 98

Wow, we're really gripping about halloween?  You have a problem with someone putting a stupid icon on a piece of software?  This is exactly what's going to cause the fall of humanity.  People whining that "their offended".  Wow, offended by a pumpkin?  I'm sure you see A MILLION times worse stuff in pop-up ads.  You do realize what the internet is right?  I think it's time for you to take all your ubiquiti gear, box it back up, and return it, you don't need to be running anything. 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1

Thank you all for the feedback! You are correct, we wanted to have a little bit of fun between fixing the bugs. When it comes to fixing bugs, I hope you could understand, that whatever seems as "easily fixable" it is often not. We need to evaluate pros and cons as we are trying not to introduce too many rapid changes – rather improve when we are sure we are actually improving. If you feel we are ignoring some of your feature requests, please bring that topic up again, that is more that welcome!

Thanks for all the feedback on pumpkin again.

Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 20

[ Edited ]

Seriously. I consider whomever finds a pumpkin offensive truly needs to see a shrink. Its just an icon for fun.. not a political statement.

By all means guys (@UBNT-PeterK).. we all love your easter eggs and encourage this great piece of software. 

I will gladly volunteer next year to make it look like Demon´s Crest Icon Biggrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsCPOJA8MCg&t=6m12s

Cheers

and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I'd just like to point out how those who would like these sort of things removed from the software have been respectful in their requests .

Those who dislike our request have been downright rude and insulting. Says alot about character.

Kudos: 115

More or less means we dont care if you dont like it. It's your choice to use the software and it's not being catered to someone just because they dont like something. Stop complaining so much.
Emerging Member

I think the author of this thread has put a regular request or opinion to the authors of software.

You really mean you can ban someone complaining about what he dislikes just because you like it? I believe UCRM stuff is so open minded that will respect such opinions like ephraim1 has. And you are right, it's our choice to use this software which is great and so it's our choice to write what we think in the public forum in the non-offensive way Man Wink

Emerging Member
Kudos: 20

@ephraim1

All I'm saying is (respectfully) that people should wake up their inner child from time to time... and perhaps once a year is enough for some.

...that's only my opinion...

Best

Pedro