Solutions: 1

How Do I Get Customer Payments Directly Though Paypal To Show Up On UCRM Account Statements?

I want to first state that when customers use UCRM to set up automatic payments, everything works splendidly. The payment is recognized by the Paypal hook and all is well.

Some customers get the idea to pay our Paypal directly and we have no clue they've paid this way through the UCRM. We have hundreds of customers, so tracking on a micro level like this is not feasible. Unless a customer directly complains about a UCRM balance discrepancy, we simply have no built-in way of knowing they've paid us directly in this form.

Our current solution has been to inform customers to not pay in this manner and use the UCRM tool. We'll then manually update their UCRM billing statements to reflect the payments made through Paypal.

My question is, is there a UCRM add-in or some feature in Paypal that would allow us to apply direct paypal payments from a paypal address that matches a client email address? Perhaps binding a paypal ID to a client ID? Thanks!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1345
Solutions: 294

Re: How Do I Get Customer Payments Directly Though Paypal To Show Up On UCRM Account Statements?

Hi,
that's a good question.

Currently, UCRM clients should create manual payment or create subscriptions through UCRM UI. This is the only way, how to let UCRM know, there is some payment related to a client/invoice. If the client creates the payment directly in the PayPal, UCRM has no chance to access it and link it with proper client.

However, there could be ways to handle this through UCRM Plugins. If PayPal any third party app provides access to its data, it would be possible to read it and import into UCRM + link it to the proper client or invoice. This is exactly what the existing FIO Bank Plugin does (it reads transactions from your bank account and imports payments into your UCRM). You might refer to the UCRM Plugins forum for more details: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Plugins/bd-p/UCRMPlugins