Kudos: 1

How do I suspend billing for all customers?

We are in the very early stages of converting to UCRM. I've got about 20 customers set up and it's set to invoice them tomorrow. But we've pushed back the roll out date so I don't want them to be invoiced. But I can't find a way to keep those invoices from being generated. Is there a way to suspend billing or will I need to delete them in the client section?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1216
Solutions: 263

Re: How do I suspend billing for all customers?

@jmejenco Hi, there is no tool to suspend billing. If the services are set to be invoiced for a certain period on a certain day, they will be invoiced.

Though, you can suppress the emailing in several ways:
- in the Mailer settings or
- by turning the Sandbox mode on at /wizard/lets-start or
- by removing the "billing" tag from all clients' contacts

The invoices won't be sent to the clients but note they will still remain in the system.
Established Member
Kudos: 154
Solutions: 23

[ Edited ]

We're having an extended transition to UCRM.  There are things that we needed that just weren't ready.

We wanted to turn off sandbox mode to test Job Scheduling and ticketing, but didn't want invoices to be sent to Clients. 

We also didn't want Clients to start to accrue months and months of billing while we waited to be able to make the transistion.  And we just wanted to start transitioning a few Clients each month.

So every one of our Customers' Services are set to Quoted so that they won't start accruing monthly invoices that will be past due when we are able to finally transition them.  And we turned off each customer's Billing tag so they won't receive Quotes.

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
Ubiquiti Employee

@JWW @jmejenco at the end of your UCRM testing, you don't need to keep the invoices created during your playing around with UCRM. You can delete the invoices from the system. Currently, you can do this:
- in the sandbox termination: choose not to keep the invoices (note that the automatic invoicing will be applied to all past billing periods)
- after the sandbox termination by manual deleting of the invoices: go to Billing - select all the invoices, click Delete (note that the automatic invoicing will not be applied to all past billing periods)

@JWW feel free to test the scheduling in the sandbox mode. There is no difference from the prod mode for this feature.

Similarly, you can try the Ticketing. Only the outgoing notifications (e.g. about a new ticket reply) will not be sent to the client, it will be sent to you (administrator)

Established Member

We were expecting both scheduling and ticketing to send emails so we needed to be in production mode.

That's not working for us yet so we've gone back to our internal scheduling - a shared To Do document, email, and a shared calendar.

Since we were going to roll this out incrementally across hundreds of customers simply deleting all of the sandboxed invoices wouldn't work.

We'd rather start off with ten customers then add more each month.

And it's a good thing that we're being so cautious - it looks as if we're going to have to move UCRM off of our UNMS/UCRM server because of a port conflict when Clients start paying online. 

And we're going to have to give the UCRM server a public address and Fully Qualified Domain Name so that Clients can pay online. 

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
Ubiquiti Employee

Only Ticketing sends emails to clients. But keep in mind that Sandbox mode doesn't disable features which are sending emails. It just redirects the emails to the super admin's email address instead of sending it to the client.
Established Member

Yes, but we needed to test that tickets were being emailed and that the workflow was working. 

Without emails going to technicians when a new Job was Scheduled we couldn't use it.

And the Scheduling view just isn't good enough.  We've passed along our workflow and screenshots of our shared calendars,  but none of that has been implemented.

We end up duplicating entries with our off the shelf system using shared documents and calendars.   It's not very efficient, but it works better than UCRM currently for us.

From the forum rules:
Ubiquiti Employee

> Yes, but we needed to test that tickets were being emailed and that the workflow was working. 

Tickets are emailed. Sandbox mode just delivers it to you, instead of the client. For the test purposes, it might work for you

> Without emails going to technicians when a new Job was Scheduled we couldn't use it.

The same happens for notifications to admins, they are delivered to you in the sandbox mode.

Besides, note that any user can link his own google calendar with the UCRM Scheduling. The user's tasks will then appear in the user's google calendar (phone, etc.)

More improvements for scheduling will come, the development continues...