Veteran Member
Kudos: 901
Solutions: 27

How do we get UCRM to Accept ACH Payment with IPpay???

@UBNT-Petr 

How do we get the UCRM payment portal to accept ACH payments?

if not currently supported can it be added via Plugin?

@rspaeth 

if this needs to be a plugin please PM or email me the fees to hire you

Thanks,

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1973
Solutions: 152

Re: How do we get UCRM to Accept ACH Payment with IPpay???

[ Edited ]

We would also like very much to be able to do this (although ACH is technically not the correct term for these).  IPPay informed me some months ago that the version of their API which is used by UNMS does not support electronic checks.

Apparently there are not a lot of WISPs currently using IPPay with UCRM, so further development by UBNT is not a high priority.  I know several large WISPs who do use IPPay, but do not currently use UCRM.  It's possible that as the platform evolves, some of those might be persuaded -- but CRM platform migrations are quite a bit of work.  IMO IPPay is highly competitive on both features and cost, so maybe they would benefit from a bit of marketing specifically targeted at users of UCRM.

Perhaps IPPay might be willing to develop and maintain a plugin?

Established Member
Kudos: 192
Solutions: 25

What is the correct term for these payments if not ACH?  Transfers?   

I'm talking about paying by using the Payer's routing and transit number with their account number.

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
Veteran Member

Direct debit is the proper term, though some call them electronic checks.  ACH technically refers to the clearinghouse that processes batch orders (of direct debits and credit transfers) but is sometimes used to refer to the actual batch.

At a former startup I was involved with, we developed our own software for processing both credit cards and direct debits.  Development was relatively straightforward.  Getting certified on all the networks we needed to interoperate with was a major PITA (and that was with plain old PCI, before PA-DSS).

Established Member

@MimCom And direct debit would work for debit cards also?  Or are debit cards just input on a credit card form and handled differently by the payment processor?

Thanks for the information!

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
Veteran Member

https://ippay.com/IPPayElectronicPayment.html#processing has a pretty good overview -- it's pretty much acronym city.  Debit cards (card+PIN) are charged a flat fee just like e-checks are (no percentage).

Highlighted
Established Member

Thanks @MimCom!  We're are using IPPay, I just need to read up on this again so that more sticks this time.

From the forum rules:
Kudos: 23
Solutions: 4

We are a Wisp / tower company in East Texas with well over 1,000 clients and are also anxiously awaiting for the ability to switch completely over to UCRM once we can integrate IP Pay. IP Pay w/ UCRM is our only holdup at this point. We just moved everything but billing over to UCRM this past week and are really loving it. 

Established Member

IPPay with UCRM seems to be working fine for us for credit card payments. 

But we were surprised that Clients couldn't use their bank's routing/account numbers to pay online.

From the forum rules:
Veteran Member

I have been told that there is a consultant working on an ACH plugin for IPPay.  Woo hoo!

Kudos: 57
Solutions: 1

+1 hoping we can switch to this IPpay with ACH ... paying to much in paypal credit card fees

Established Member

This being our first month with most of our clients switched over to UCRM we've been surprised by the number of clients complaining that they can no longer pay by debit card.

And it's difficult enough to get them to pay anyway...

From the forum rules: