Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

How to update a device interface list

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We updated the network configuration of some devices, now the network interface configuration changed but ucrm is not picking up the changes. When doing a snmpwalk of the devices I see a different interface list than what is loaded on ucrm.

Is the sync option on the device for this ? if yes then it does not seem to be working for me. Or the only option is to re-add all of the devices ?

This is on 2.15.0

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to update a device interface list

Solved, the api and ssh services were not enabled on those devices, as described here:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM/UCRM-Cannot-sync-Mikrotik/td-p/2267759

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1424
Solutions: 312

Hi, the sync tries to load the proper device interfaces into UCRM, but in some cases, not all the interface types can be detected by UCRM. Anyway, if the sync doesn't work at all, you can check the connection/management IP and the credentials used to connect to the device.

Note that in a couple of weeks, we will release the integrated version of UNMS and UCRM, so all the HW management will become much easier. Follow the community forum for further updates.

@UBNT-Petr wrote:
Hi, the sync tries to load the proper device interfaces into UCRM, but in some cases, not all the interface types can be detected by UCRM. Anyway, if the sync doesn't work at all, you can check the connection/management IP and the credentials used to connect to the device.

Note that in a couple of weeks, we will release the integrated version of UNMS and UCRM, so all the HW management will become much easier. Follow the community forum for further updates.

Well in my case none of the equipments were sync'ing back, the only solution was to re-add them, same credentials.

Excellent news about UNMS !! one question though, will this integration with UNMS support other brands of networking equipments other than Ubiquiti ?

Highlighted

@jbaptiste wrote:

Well in my case none of the equipments were sync'ing back, the only solution was to re-add them, same credentials.

Is still not working, I just noticed that some of the devices got an empty interfaces list. I tried again to sync them with no success, and double checked username, password and snmp community string and I can both login into any of the devices admin screens or get the interface list via snmpwalk.

Also all appear as online, but I do see these connection errors on the ucrm log for the device each time I do a sync:

Screenshot_20190320_123919.png

What else could I check ? the devices are all Mikrotik.

Thanks again in advance.

Solved, the api and ssh services were not enabled on those devices, as described here:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM/UCRM-Cannot-sync-Mikrotik/td-p/2267759