Emerging Member
Kudos: 5

IP addresses

Hello,

can I find to IP address registers somewhere? Our internal and public IP from some pool with automatic selection possibility of free ip addresses for a new client?

Thanks

A

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1345
Solutions: 295

Re: IP addresses

Not in UCRM. This kind of network monitoring and management is available in UNMS.
Emerging Member

[ Edited ]

classic reply Man Wink

.. and classic question: when will UCRM be connected with UNMS?

Ubiquiti Employee

working on that Man Happy Don't want to promise any ETA but FYI, we have postponed some other tasks, so finally the integration is the top priority now. I hope the major feaures will be done in a couple of weeks.

However, talking about IP pool and other IP monitoring, feel free to start UNMS now. It can work besides UCRM. Once the integration is ready, you will be able to merge these existing tools (their data) together.
Kudos: 70
Solutions: 6

@UBNT-Petr,

>>

However, talking about IP pool and other IP monitoring, feel free to start UNMS now. It can work besides UCRM. Once the integration is ready, you will be able to merge these existing tools (their data) together.

<<

so UNMS and UCRM still can be on 2 different machines?

For example UCRM public accessible with no connectivity to the internal network and UNMS behind a firewall ?

Thanks

Oskar

Ubiquiti Employee

@oskaratk the first version of new integrated UCRM&UNMS will work as a single app, i.e. on one machine only.
Highlighted
Kudos: 9
Solutions: 1

hello,

@UBNT-Petr wrote:
Not in UCRM. This kind of network monitoring and management is available in UNMS.

> can I find to IP address registers somewhere? Our internal and public IP from some pool

> with automatic selection possibility of free ip addresses for a new client?

can you please point me to a proper place in UNMS, where can i find such a functionality?

i mean specially management of ip ranges - monitoring is no problem to find and understand.

Tnx

Jan

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1203
Solutions: 232

[ Edited ]

@jpanoch @adc Hello guys. Just as @UBNT-Petr said, if you are looking for networking features and tools, UNMS is the right place to go. It provides many functions from monitoring to the remote configuration. You can, for example, connect your AP to UNMS, set up a DHCP server and let it generate the correct IP address for new client automatically. UNMS also offers a flexible client/site structure where you can assign an AP with all its current stations and then simply display all data of connected devices, sort them by the IP and you have a nice sorted pool of IP addresses. Please note that one of the cool features of UNMS is that it can work with any device even after its IP address had changed. That is possible because devices are connecting to UNMS and not the other way
In the future, we are planning to improve the mentioned features and develop them into full-scale IP management integrated into the modern UNMS GUI. At this moment UNMS cannot automatically suggest a free IP address for a device, in the way @adc described, though.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Emerging Member

if you use static ip addresses this is not good solution, unfortunately .. :/

Emerging Member

I see, that more people want it .. an ip address overview is necessary .. without it, you can not to administration of sites ..

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Feature-Requests/Netbox-IP-address-management/idi-p/2167059

AN

Ubiquiti Employee

As mentioned above, the full-scale IP management is on the roadmap. Feel free to refer to the UNMS thread for further details.