Veteran Member
Kudos: 1932
Solutions: 142

Invoice Separately for Two Locations

[ Edited ]

We just turned up service (Internet & managed WiFi) at a second house for a client.  They have an existing service (also Internet & managed WiFi) at another location.  The client would like two invoices, one for each location.  UCRM's 'invoice separately' function seems like it will create four invoices (one for each service).  Is there a some to invoice by location rather than by service?

thank you~

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1429
Solutions: 312

Re: Invoice Separately for Two Locations

Hi,
so currently, Internet & managed WiFi are two services? Maybe the solution could be to turn this into 1 service with 1 surcharge. Then, you wouldn't have 4 services but only 2, which would be possible to invoice separately as you need.

Another workaround could be to create 2 clients for this.

Feel free to create a feature request for this. If it turns out this is helpful for many users, we will consider.
Veteran Member

Thank you,Petr.

A surcharge would affect our accounting (which tracks income, expenses, and depreciation separately for the two services).

I noticed yesterday that we now have two customers with identical names in the client list.  If I append a location name to those, it modifies the legal name on the invoice, so I will write up a feature request.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1429
Solutions: 312

> If I append a location name to those, it modifies the legal name on the invoice

Note that custom service naming and invoice item labeling are two different things and you can configure those separately. 

Selection_147.png

Veteran Member

Thank you, Petr.

We are using the custom service names for clients with multiple services at the same address.

I am referring to names displayed in the client list:

client-list.png

Highlighted
Veteran Member

@UBNT-Petr wrote:
Feel free to create a feature request for this. If it turns out this is helpful for many users, we will consider.

Feature request submitted https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Feature-Requests/Invoice-Separately-by-Location/idi-p/2744790

Veteran Member

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003363973-UNMS-v1-Sites-and-Clients seems to align with the concept here.  The example presented there (a chain store) would almost certainly want billing by Client Site.

Kudos: 37
Solutions: 5

@MimCom wrote:

@UBNT-Petr wrote:

Feature request submitted https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Feature-Requests/Invoice-Separately-by-Location/idi-p/2744790

Second this.  I have a family hooked with 8 similar names and 3 of them the same name.  Two of them have 2 or 3 locations with internet and other servies that need billed out by location.