New Member
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎03-18-2017

Issue when attempting to update a device in network tab

I have had UCRM configured for some time now, I went into networking > devices to update some information on a device and when I click the pencil to do the update all of the information that comes up changes to a naming convention that I used several months ago when I first setup UCRM.

 

2019-04-05 11_20_20-Window.png

 

The name field was changed, the model name was changed, the username was changed, the management IP address was changed when I click the pencil.  If I want to update any device I am forced to re-input all of this information again or the device is not correct (I did try to just accept the changes incase it was a GUI issue, the fields did change).

 

This is proving to be very frustrating as we are building the network now and do go in and modify the devices a few times before w e get everything correct.

 

Thanks,

 

Richard

 

 

Ubiquiti Employee
Posts: 4,167
Registered: ‎12-10-2015
Kudos: 1472
Solutions: 315

Re: Issue when attempting to update a device in network tab

Hi @mooseslodge
I am not sure if I understand what happens to you. When you edit a device, are the changes stored to the database or not? - i.e. when you click again to edit the same device, are there the changes from the previous edit visible?
New Member
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎03-18-2017

Re: Issue when attempting to update a device in network tab

Thanks for the reply.....

 

When I look at my device list (under the network tab) I see the devices named correctly:

 

2019-04-08 10_48_33-Clipboard.png

 

When I attempt to edit either one of the devices this is the screen I am presented with:

 

2019-04-08 10_51_33-Window.png

 

The name of the device has been changed (but this was a device I had put in when I first configured UCRM months ago).

The site is correct.

The vendor is correct.

The Model Name is incorrect (but I had configured a LiteBeam in UCRM several months ago)

The username is not correct (but was a username I had used in UCRM months ago)

I am not sure about the password.

The management IP address is not correct (but was used in UCRM several months ago)

The OS version is not correct (the device I edited is currently running 2.0.(something).

 

I clicked the save button to see what happens:

 

2019-04-08 10_56_16-Window.png

 

It has saved what seems to be incorrect information.  If I need to make any changes to any of these devices I need to completely re-enter all of the device information otherwise it will be overwritten with old data.  I have also tried this after adding a brand new device and when I edit that device the same issue occurs.

 

If you require more information please let me know.

 

Thanks,

Ubiquiti Employee
Posts: 4,167
Registered: ‎12-10-2015
Kudos: 1472
Solutions: 315

Re: Issue when attempting to update a device in network tab

thanks for the info, we will investigate this.
New Member
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎03-18-2017

Re: Issue when attempting to update a device in network tab

I just noticed one other thing when I went to correct the setup after I sent my images this morning.

 

I ended up having to delete that device that was changed incorrectly.  If I choose 'quick device' the form shows up blank.  If I choose device the following shows up:

 

2019-04-08 23_20_41-Window.png

 

The form is auto-filling with the same data that was coming up when I attempted to change the device information.

 

Let me know if you require more information,

 

Richard

 

Ubiquiti Employee
Posts: 1,476
Registered: ‎03-21-2016
Kudos: 242
Solutions: 160

Re: Issue when attempting to update a device in network tab

Hello @mooseslodge, this feels like you have some browser based autofill configured. Can you please try in different browser? If it does not happen there, you need to remove the autofill configuration from your regular browser as this is not something we can override.

Highlighted
New Member
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎03-18-2017

Re: Issue when attempting to update a device in network tab

I have spent most of the day trying to figure this out.....

 

The issue seems to be happening in Chrome but on two separate computers (that are logged into chrome with different users).  I tried Internet Explorer and the problem is not happening.  It feels like it's autocomplete but I can't figure out why autocomplete is on in Chrome (I don't use autocomplete for anything).

 

I am going to continue digging (clearing history and cookies is next).

 

Richard

 

 

Ubiquiti Employee
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎07-21-2016
Kudos: 4
Solutions: 2

Re: Issue when attempting to update a device in network tab

Also try Ctrl+F5 on the form page. It might force chrome to use the current data. I'd also recommend to check if there is any newer version of chrome available. And check your chrome plugins, maybe there is some plugin interfering with the normal way forms work.