Veteran Member
Kudos: 1675
Solutions: 133

Keyboard Input on Multiple Payments Dialog

Disclaimer: I'm a keyboard guy who will often go to some lengths to avoid having to reach for the mouse, especially for repetitive tasks.

If I bring up the Add Multiple Payments dialog, there are some inconsistencies in the way the dialog handles things, in particular the drop-down selectors and the <enter> key.

When I bring up the dialog, the focus is on the Payment Method, but typing does not take effect until after I hit <alt> + <down arrow> and select a payment type, then hit <enter>.  This is consistent across other drop-downs in this dialog.  Once I do that, I can hit tab twice to get to the first client drop-down, at which point I have to hit <alt> + <down arrow>, then type, then choose a client and hit <enter>.  At this point I am taken to the amount column, which is pre-populated with the latest outstanding invoice amount.  So far, so good.  If I hit <enter> here, it closes the dialog and posts the first client payment (without a check number).

If I hit <tab> twice (why twice?) I am taken to the check number field, where I can type in a check number and tab my way through the rest of the fields to enter multiple payments.  Once I have done this, the <enter> key does not close the whole dialog box, but opens up a notes field.

I'm open to almost any reasonable keystroke process for this kind of data entry, but it would help greatly if it were a consistent one.

thank you~

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1115
Solutions: 247

Re: Keyboard Input on Multiple Payments Dialog

Hi @MimCom, we will check this out. Thanks for reporting this.
Highlighted
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1675
Solutions: 133

Re: Keyboard Input on Multiple Payments Dialog

thank you!