Kudos: 2
Accepted Solution

Linked Subscriptions - Don't work in Sandbox mode?

Hi,

I'm confused! Currently URCM is in Sandbox mode and we're using Paypal as payment gateway. As far as I can see I have everything setup correctly and I can process an online payment to the Paypal Sandbox.

However, in the Client Zone all I see is a button for online payment, I see no Subscription setup method. Is this not available in Sandbox mode?

Can someone post some screenshots of the Client Zone for a live UCRM install with Paypal that shows what a customer would see when setting up a Scubscription.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 225
Solutions: 155

Re: Linked Subscriptions - Don't work in Sandbox mode?

Hello @cmmacneill53, custom subscriptions are available for all gateways, however linked subscription were only implemented for Stripe as of now.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1375
Solutions: 299

Did you enable subscriptions in System > Billing?

The subscriptions should be there even if you are in the sandbox mode. The only difference is that the sandbox paypal credentials are used instead of the live ones (see the paypal settings in System > Organization - choose your organization and click edit)

Hi @UBNT-Petr

Yes, Linked Subscriptions set to ON in Settings->Billing. (Custom Subscriptions = OFF).

Note, if you click the ? help button next to Linked Subscriptions in Settings->Billing, the help screen says Subscriptions only avalible via Stripe. This seems to contradict other help screens for PayPal which indicate subscriptions are available.

This is in UCRM v2.14.5

If I set Custom Subscriptions to ON, I get the option in Client Zone to create a Subscription and setting it of OFF "Payment Subscriptions" vanishes again.

Is seems that Linked Subscription is dependent on Custom Subscription? This isn't obvious and I don't really want customers entering the subscription value.

Ubiquiti Employee

Hello @cmmacneill53, custom subscriptions are available for all gateways, however linked subscription were only implemented for Stripe as of now.

OK, that's not very clear from the documentation. Unless you are making Linked Subscriptions avaialble for Payment Gateways other the Stripe in the very near future, you should consider "greying out" the Linked Subscription option unless Stripe is configured.

It's very confusing to have an option the you can apparently configure, but doesn't work.

The PayPal setup documentation makes no distinction between Custom and Linked Subscriptions, the assumuption made is that both are supported.

Ubiquiti Employee

@cmmacneill53 That's a good point, we'll look into it, thank you.