Kudos: 87
Solutions: 1

Mikrotik & UCRM

Im planning moving my main/core router to a Mikrotik. Does this work ok with UCRM in terms of NetFlow and suspension etc?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 16

Re: Mikrotik & UCRM

We tried it this morning, works like a charm.

Ucrm auto created all the necessary rules.

That's great @Louisk

Did NetFlow start ok?

I am curious to learn about your netflow experience, I had to disable netflow in my environment.

While the Netflow setup is really simple;

• Enable Traffic Flow Settings in Mikrotik router
  • Setup Target pointing to UCRM server port 2055 using version 9
  • That's it (I think!!)

For some reason I am still unable to receive upload and download traffic information...when I do the numbers don't make sense and I don't know how to reset netflow data in UCRM.

I had Netflow working with ntopng so I know the router is fine.

Again maybe I missed something, let me know if you have success..

Cheers

Ben

Mine is screwed up as well, I had both upload and download being filled and then it just took a crapper a few days ago. I am using ntopng to monitor usage...

What is Ubnt stance on UCRM working with MikroTik's?

Kudos: 229
Solutions: 24

[ Edited ]

We work with Mikrotik and UCRM and it works fine but you may need some manual changes in the firewall and a separate interface for UCRM for the redirecting of suspended users. Without these that did not work for us.

See: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM/BUG-blocked-users-are-not-redirected-to-UCRM-portal/m-p/1708959/h...

Kudos: 77
Solutions: 11

We use a MikroTik for our gateway router. UCRM works fins with it, but you have to manually setup net flow and send it to the ucrm machine on the correct port.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1217
Solutions: 264

Hi @clarkraymond
this might be a good suggestion for a new ucrm plugin: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Plugins/bd-p/UCRMPlugins
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1217
Solutions: 264

@wireless6262 wrote:

What is Ubnt stance on UCRM working with MikroTik's?

One of the main goals of UCRM is the 3rd party HW compatibility. All the data stored in UCRM are under your control and can be accessed/managed by API or UCRM Plugins. There are currently a couple of plugins managing 3rd party HW, exporting or importing payments, invoices, etc. Check it out: https://github.com/Ubiquiti-App/UCRM-plugins

Kudos: 60

mikrotik changed their authentication in recent firmware to fix security bugs. does UCRM work with their new auth ?

also has the problem been fixed where download/upload numbers are switched around when a mikrotik router sends netflow data to UCRM?

Marc

Kudos: 2

I can confirm that  netflow on UCRM is working after mikrotik upgrade, I have a CCR1036 with 6.43.1 firmware. 

Never had the download/upload switching problem. so I can't tell about it.

Hi Sir, can you help with setup like how you did it I have been trying for months now but nothing is working and I would be glad if you can help me with a detail steps thank you

Nelson Ocloo

Hi Sir, can you help with setup like how you did it I have been trying for months now but nothing is working and I would be glad if you can help me with a detail steps thank you

Nelson Ocloo

@Louisk wrote:

We tried it this morning, works like a charm.

Ucrm auto created all the necessary rules.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 598
Solutions: 18

Others have said they have to run netlow v4 on mikrotik and it started working

For everyone that has not already upgrade there core router to mikrotik keep in mind that keeping backup of your router config to put on a secondary backup router in case it dies is next to impossible been figjfigh that for months Edge router infinity might be better if not already doing mikrotik

Yes but here is my case Sir. I can't set it up at all I have RB3011 with up to date RouterOS but I don't know how to make it work please anyone here who has written done some steps can you send it to me via contoso11@gmail.com thanks so much for sharing.
Kudos: 77
Solutions: 11

Not sure exactly what you are looking for. But if you are trying to get the Mikrotik router to send the data to UCRM then hear it is.

On the router, using webfig, select IP from the menu, then select Traffic Flow. Click Enabled, pick the interfaces you want monitored, probably the interface going to the internet. Pick the targets button and put in the address of your UCRM computer, set port 2055 and Ver 5 and hit Apply. 

Thanks Clarkraymond

What i want accomplish is we are new WISP but we want to use UCRM to manage our client and also give the access to monitor their data usage and payment details
Kudos: 12

What's the timeline on the Mikrotik integration as far as rate limiting via simple queues is concerned? Seriously considering powercode unless this happens.

Hi Sir, please I have been able to make it work though but when I need help on is to be able to set data cap and bandwidth limits and also I want to know if a client data is consumed will ucrm stop that very client from getting internet any help please