Kudos: 88
Solutions: 11

One client bought another client

Today a client called in to inform us that they had acquired another client. They would like the service, two circuits, added to their account specifying the old clients name. 

Naming the service is easy. Thoughts on moving the services over?

Veteran Member
Kudos: 661
Solutions: 19

Re: One client bought another client

Thanks... Got that. Any way to move the 2 services without deleting them and re-entering them?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1255
Solutions: 272

When you delete the service, you are asked whether you want to keep the devices. Then it can be reused for another service of the SAME client. There is no way to reuse the device for another client. This will become available after the integration with UNMS.

You may also consider reusing the client's account (i.e. rename it, change contact details etc.)

Found that out. Deleted the clients services hoping to free up the devices, but I had to then delete the devices before I could reassign them. Not a big deal but looking forward to easier transfers in the future.

Thanks

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1775
Solutions: 137

We have a similar situation coming.  Is (or will there be) a way to keep the usage history for a service when it gets reassigned to a new client?

Ubiquiti Employee

@clarkraymond > Not a big deal but looking forward to easier transfers in the future. 

Yes, this will become very easy due to the integration with UNMS. The devices will be linkable, unlinkable to any site/client.

@MimCom > keep the usage history for a service when it gets reassigned to a new client?

It depends on what you mean by the service reassign from one client to another. There is no such a feature. Moreover, keeping the usage history might not be a good solution for everyone. For example, when a new tenant moves in an apartment, you don't want to keep the history of a previous tenant.

Anyway, reusing the client account could work for you. By this I mean: rename the client, change the contact address, email, phone. Then, the service, devices and usage history would be kept.

Veteran Member

@UBNT-Petr wrote:
reusing the client account could work for you. By this I mean: rename the client, change the contact address, email, phone. Then, the service, devices and usage history would be kept.

Thank you, Petr.  In this case there are two service devices associated with a single service.  One of the service devices would be moved to a new client and one would stay with the current client.  In another case, there are two services billed to the same client.  One of the services will move to a new client, but they would like to keep the history.  As I think about it, we would like the option in UNMS (once it is handling the usage) for history to be unlinked from a service and moved to a different service (or client).

Ubiquiti Employee

Hi @MimCom
the most common use case is probably to reassign an old device from one Client Site to another Client Site. In this case, most WISPs and their clients would expect the usage not being kept and shown. If you need this feature, please make a feature request for UNMS.

Same thing for UCRM. If you want to be able to reassign service device to another service while keeping the usage data, new feature request would be helpful. Similarly, regarding the "reassign while service to a new client" feature.
Veteran Member

Feature request created here.