Emerging Member
Kudos: 48

Quickbooks Plugin Sync Issues

Hello,

I am determined to get my small WISP on an accounting platform for 1/1/2019 so I decided to go with Quickbooks Online.

I have bee testing out the Quickbooks Plugin for about a week now and have run into a few issues.  The major issue is that wide ranges of invoices are skipped over, a smaller issue is that a few of my clients were skipped over.  Neither the Clients nor the Invoices were in a VOID or Inactive status, so I am not sure why they are being skipped over.  An example is that all invoices between 1309 and 1476 are missing.  In order to try to get these in I have edited the 

/home/ucrm/data/ucrm/ucrm/data/plugins/quickbooks-online/data/plugin.json to update the 

lastExportedInvoiceID to 1309, but this still results in those being skipped over.

Does anyone else have any experience with this issue?

I wish that there were an easy way to export the invoices with line detail within UCRM so I could build my own import file to use a third party plugin like SaasAnt to import the invoices, because I need the line level detail since only a small amount of any given invoice is taxed.   I have been able to play with the API to pull in the header level detail into a google sheet, but once I get to the nested arrays I get lost.

I also wish that the Quickbook Plugin had a line to manually enter in invoice IDs or a range of Invoice IDs to re-send.

Thanks

Kudos: 113
Solutions: 12

Re: Quickbooks Plugin Sync Issues

Which version of the plugin are you running?

Can you use a restapi and get a copy of those invoices?

Can you share plugin.log?

Emerging Member

Version 1.1.2

Here is the log.

Very strange. Invoices for a client before the client has been exported and duplicates of invoices... Need to see what you did to the plugin.json between runs. It appears you reset it and caused multiples to be generates.

The plugin is written to use QBO for accounting purposes, Not as an invoicing system. We are using QBO and it is correctly sync'd with UCRM today...

Do any invoices between  1309 and 1476  exist?

Emerging Member

No, no invoices between those number were copied over, but they do exist in UCRM.

I ended up deleting everything in QBO, deleting and re-installing the plugin and got the same results with the skipping (see the attached file).

I ended up manually loading 2018 into QBO, and will run the plugin daily to copy over new invoices and payments, but will certainly keep an eye on reconciling the invoices and payments. 

I too only want QBO as an accounting system, UCRM is a great billing system, we just need to track expenses and have a General Ledger.

There was a problem with payments being out of order, but not invoices. It is assumed that they are in ascending order by ID (actually requested from UCRM in ascending order). Perhaps something changed in UCRM itself?

Do you have a tool like RESTer for firefox so you could manually ask UCRM for the invoices? Once you get them, look for 1309 and what comes after it.

I also see that payments stopped around 192. This is due to the token expiring during plugin execution. 

Emerging Member

I belive that the issue with the payments was the tocken expiring.

I do have a google sheet that pulls the json for the invoices, as you can see the invoices do exist (the error records are deleted invoices).  As of now I am good with a manual data conversion for 2018, and tonight when my January invoices run I will take a look to make sure that they are all carried forward to QBO.

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 5.39.56 PM.png

Highlighted
Emerging Member

After manually loading in all historical data, the UCRM QBO plugin seems to be working fine.

I am curious, however, if there is any way to have an Authorization code last longer than a few hours.

I don’t think it is the authorization that expires, but rather the token. Setting the start date for invoices and payments can really speed the plugin up.