Established Member
Kudos: 223
Solutions: 4

Regenerate PDF with new mailing address

Should regenerating a pdf with new invoice changes, such as credits, also apply if a client's mailing address changes? Cause it doesn't on my end and I for one would like for it to change that as well and regenerate the whole pdf.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1217
Solutions: 264

Re: Regenerate PDF with new mailing address

Currently, the client's info and organization info is not changed during the PDF regenerate action. We will investigate whether this could be changed or not.
Ubiquiti Employee

@avolve Hi, we plan to check whether the invoice attributes (especially the custom attributes) are editable via API.

However, we don't see any usable use-case why the client's or organization's attributes should be changed on the invoice (our aim is not to modify the invoice, which was already created and also probably sent to the client or any accounting tool).

And if this is really needed, can you please specify your use case in more details? Can't you just void/delete the existing invoice and recreate it?
Established Member
Kudos: 223
Solutions: 4

The customer's address changed, simple as that. I can change the customers address but I can't get it on an invoice even when it's regenerated.
Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

The "PDF regenerate" feature doesn't use the current client's address or organization's address. Always, the data valid at the time of invoice creating are used to avoid misunderstandings.

However, in your case, you can do one of this:
1) go to invoice, edit the invoice client's address manually and then, regenerate the PDF or
2) delete the invoice and create it again (the current data will be used)

Selection_999(115).png