Kudos: 164
Accepted Solution

SUPPPPPER ANNOYYING

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, limit the subject line to 100 characters and make it easier for clients to understand that thre subject line of the new ticket thing is NOT the place to be typing the entire message.  I think this is urgent enough to fix right away.

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1477
Solutions: 315

Re: SUPPPPPER ANNOYYING

@HyperFusion

this issue has been solved in c2.15.2

Check the changelog entry:

Ticket subject limited to 80 characters. The input longer than 80 characters becomes part of the ticket message (applies only to the input from UCRM Client Zone, not from IMAP ticketing import).

Note that subjects of emails imported are not modified, also the old already created tickets haven't been changed by UCRM.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee

ok, limitations for ticket's subject makes sense. We will handle this. However, note that tickets loaded from IMAP emails can't be limited.

Well, I would think that the import can count characters in a string, then if the string is over a certain amount of characters, have UCRM shift the subject to the notes field.  Or at least give us the option to do so.  Most people have email programs figured out.

Ubiquiti Employee

@HyperFusion

this issue has been solved in c2.15.2

Check the changelog entry:

Ticket subject limited to 80 characters. The input longer than 80 characters becomes part of the ticket message (applies only to the input from UCRM Client Zone, not from IMAP ticketing import).

Note that subjects of emails imported are not modified, also the old already created tickets haven't been changed by UCRM.

@UBNT-Petr  I see it now.  Thank you.