Established Member
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 53
Accepted Solution

Semi-urgent issue: Replaced router, cycled UCRM Netflow setting and now router GUI is gone, ER-8-XG

We we're using an ER-4 for our NOC router.  I replaced it with an Infinity, by simply copying the config from ER-4 to Inifinity.  I noticed today that Netflow had died.  (It was set up originally from UCRM).  So I went to UCRM and turned it off.  And once that config change took in the router, I turned it back on.  Boom, our NOC router rebooted.  At prime time in the evening.  When it comes back up, traffic seems to be flowing but the web GUI is gone.   I can only reach it via ssh.

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1345
Solutions: 295

Re: Semi-urgent issue: Replaced router, cycled UCRM Netflow setting and now router GUI is gone, ER-

Hi @Trendal yes, the ER section should be the right place for this issue.

If you need to see the commands which UCRM puts to UNMS, you can view them here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008732414-UNMS-NetFlow - it's UNMS guide but it shows the same commands with minor diffs.

Note that, the the UCRM's netflow autoconfig has been removed because it was causing 2x bigger data usage (not because of any crashes). Read more: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM/Wrong-NetFlow-data-usage-2x-higher-how-to-fix-this/m-p/2645359/hi... So for now, the NetFlow should be configured manually (usign that UNMS guide) or later automatically using UNMS (as of the next UNMS version 0.14)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member

Re: Semi-urgent issue: Replaced router, cycled UCRM Netflow setting and now router GUI is gone, ER-

Since it appears to be flowing traffic right now, I'm not going to touch it until off-peak.

UNMS has one config backup from the time when I turned Netflow off but it does not show another one so I'm thinking that config change did not take place.

So the question is, if I restore that config, and then delete the NOC router in UCRM and connect it again.  Will it again kill it when I setup Netflow?  Was it a router swap issue or is there a Netflow setup issue with the Infinity?

@UBNT-Petr 

Established Member

I restored the previous working config and I still don't have a web UI.  I pulled the backup config files.  Current, after turning off Netflow, and one from the previous day.  The only difference I find in the config files is System -> Flow Accounting is missing from the "not working" config.

I'm not sure where to go from here.  It's like the Edgeos web server isn't running.  I can tcpdump the 443 traffic going to the router but it doesn't respond.

I'll clean up the config and post it here in a minute.

Established Member

Here is the current config that is not working

I'd like some advice on this pretty quick, if possible.  If I need to manually rebuild this config then I need to get some down time scheduled immediately. 

Edit:  OK, so when I try to attache the config file, it says "contents of the attachement doesn't match it's file type".  All I did was saved the config.boot file and edited out the private details.  

Established Member

Trying again

Established Member

[ Edited ]

I moved this to the Edgerouter section because while UCRM started it I think it is an EdgeOS issue.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeRouter/Infinity-GUI-gone/m-p/2662777#M239701

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1345
Solutions: 295

Hi @Trendal yes, the ER section should be the right place for this issue.

If you need to see the commands which UCRM puts to UNMS, you can view them here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008732414-UNMS-NetFlow - it's UNMS guide but it shows the same commands with minor diffs.

Note that, the the UCRM's netflow autoconfig has been removed because it was causing 2x bigger data usage (not because of any crashes). Read more: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM/Wrong-NetFlow-data-usage-2x-higher-how-to-fix-this/m-p/2645359/hi... So for now, the NetFlow should be configured manually (usign that UNMS guide) or later automatically using UNMS (as of the next UNMS version 0.14)
Established Member

I'm happy to set it up manually.  I did in fact, using the UNMS suggested commands, and it's working fine.  Thanks.  I think this issue is with the Edgerouter as it crashed when making a config change from it's web GUI also.