01-05-2018 01:10 PM
So, stupid question. I upgraded to 2.8.0, enabled ACH in both UCRM and Stripe, and am testing adding an account on a user. I go to add a bank account and it asks for an account number so I enter it. WHen I click connect, I get the message wrong US bank account number format. I am in the US and this is a US account, but I can't seem to find any information on what "format" the account number should be entered as.
01-05-2018 01:29 PM
Nevermind. I figured it out with trial and error. May want to add that to the documentation sometime. I doubt a client would be able to figure it out easily. I couldn't figure out the separator.
routingnumber:account number is what goes in the account line
01-06-2018 10:34 AM - edited 01-08-2018 03:06 PM
The inclusion of Stripe ACH payments in v2.8.0 is a great start but nowhere close to ready for production use. Here are the updates or changes I need to adopt it:
- Clearer client navigation to add/update payment accounts.
- Ability to select account type (Personal DDA, Savings, Business DDA, Savings) which may or may not match how we've indexed the customer profile as business or individual.
- Separate entry of ABA and PAN fields. I have never seen a colon separator or run-on field in any consumer GUI. This requires non-standard syntax most clients will not understand.
- None of our customers will be comfortable with unmasked account numbers. At the very least once entered, the ABA and PAN need to be masked on the client interface. Most ACH apps mask even the inital input and provide verification via duplicate entry.
- Common Name display in addition to masked account data. Especially important with multiple payment accounts, the ability to add and edit a common name or account nick name (General Acct, XYZ Checking, etc)
- The stripe API returns the actual bank from the ABA. It would be helpful if this value was passed back and displayed instead of the entered ABA number in record. Combined with account common name will help client identify account accurately.
01-08-2018 05:55 AM - edited 01-08-2018 03:06 PM
Continued Stripe evaluation:
Test amounts went through and verified effortlessly.
The “make payment” buttons actions are abrupt and don’t provide the user with a similar confirmation action as credit card payments. One press and POOF it’s done... or is it? If the client misses the on-screen notification, there is no confirming email or history in their account of the pending payment. There is also no confirmation/“are you sure” screen or prompt to proceed or back out of the payment. Most ACH payment client GUIs provide a summary of what they are about to transact, from which account the transaction is occurring (important if more than one) as a verification. That step is missing as well as an email as previously mentioned.
It’s a good improvement but still needs development and isn’t ready for customer-use IMO.
2 weeks ago
I just tried to test this for a client using 2.13.4 and get the following Internal server error when I click the Connect link after adding ACH routing and account numbers: GET /client-zone/bank-account/2/stripe-add/bank-account-token?_token=xxx
I have received CC payments via Stripe interface. What am I doing wrong?
2 weeks ago
Hello @clnw, make sure you went through all the steps mentioned in ACH configuration guide (https://ucrm-demo.ubnt.com/help/setting-up-stripe#ach-setup)
For example the ACH payments must be enabled in your Stripe account.