Stripe API Upgrades

Is there a way to be notified when it is ok to upgrade my stripe api? 

I upgraded it a few months ago and it worked fine, however I upgraded to a new version yesterday and it caused error messages for subscriptions. I was able to downgrade and fix the issue. Just wondering if there is a way to monitor and be notified if the upgrades are ok to do.

Thanks,

Chris

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1256
Solutions: 272

Re: Stripe API Upgrades

These breaking changes generated by Stripe are very unfortunate. We will do our best to adapt to them but we won't be able to monitor these changes and notify users in advance.

Can you please provide us with the info about the version you upgraded to?

We are currently running on api version 5/21/18. This works fine, the new version is 7/27/18 and is the one that caused the issue.

Ubiquiti Employee

Thanks, we will look into it.
Kudos: 3

How do we downgrade the Stripe API to 5/21/18 to get subscriptions working?

Thanks,

Dan

Highlighted

It must be done on stripe's website under developer section. Unfortunately I believe you can only downgrade within a few days after upgrading. You may want to contact stripe if you are unable to.

Thanks for the reply. I can't find where to change the API version on the stripe website under developers. We just signed up yesterday so maybe we don't get a choice.

stripe_fail.jpg

Thank you,

Dan

Nevermind, it's on the developers link. I was looking in the API Keys just under developers. There is no way to downgrade. Calling Stripe to see how painful it is to downgrade. 

Thanks for the help.

Dan

Emerging Member
Kudos: 32
Solutions: 1

I just went through exactly the same thing.  I signed up 2 days ago and they defaulted my API to 2018-07-27.  I opened a support chat, and after a bit of back and forth going through the typical level 1 diagnosis, I managed to articulate my issue and they said they needed to escalate the case and needed to move the chat to email to included another team member (I read that as escalation to level 2). They were very helpful and polite.

After ~24+ hours and a couple of email exchanges with them saying "they'll see if it's possible..." they were able to revert my API to the previous version 2018-05-21 which now works fine.

Rich

Ubiquiti Employee

Ok, we will also make UCRM compatible with the newest Stripe API version soon.