Highlighted
Kudos: 37
Solutions: 3

Subscription

Today I came across two customers who had double auto payments set up who were in credit.

The first one I discovered and I called the customer and said he was paid well ahead over several months and I told him we owed him a $480 check. He was really happy. Check is in the mail.

The second one the customer discovered on their bank statement and contacted us on facebook and was pissed off that we'd double charged them for $95 twice. I'm sending a refund check.

I'm convinced that both these customers set up their payment themselves in the portal twice. We wouldn't have done that. seeing there was already one set up.

1. The nomenclature "subscriptions" is confusing. Can it be changed to "auto pay"? To me, the subscription is the service they have. It's the "10 mbps service" that they have subscribed to. You don't "Subscribe" to a payment. you subscribe to a service. You do an auto payment to pay for the 10mbps subscription. 

2. Can there be a report to see people who has two "auto pays" setup because that should almost never happen. Or have a warning when someone sets up a second "auto pay" to warn them that one is already set up are you sure this is what you want to do? Or email the ISP support email address to double check what's going on here.

Re: Subscription

Oh yes...

3. Can there be a way to refund using the same way they paid?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1477
Solutions: 315

It's called Payment Subscription

Selection_016.png

which is pretty standard naming for this kind of recurring payments.

The autopay is something different - the client's outstanding amount is paid charged every period automatically (and this amount can be different every period), which is something in our TODO list. Then, there won't be any configuration needed which will be less error-prone.

Ahh ok, fair enough if auto pay is on the horizon. Would be handy to have a warning about double payment subscriptions though.