Highlighted
Kudos: 975
Solutions: 44
Accepted Solution

Tech accidentially revoked Google Calendar Access - Cannot get it to work again

[ Edited ]

I had a tech accidentially Revoke Google Calendar Access under his account in UCRM and now I cannot get it to work again.  I reloaded the .json file and it won't work.  uCRM just keeps saying "No calendars available"

I then followed the built in directions in uCRM but it will not work either.  Not sure what to do next.

Accepted Solutions

Re: Tech accidentially revoked Google Calendar Access - Cannot get it to work again

I was able to fix it.  I had to delete the Oath Secret from uCRM first.  Then I went to My Account and hit Revoke again.  This time uCRM threw an Error at the top that there was no Oath Secret file installed.  Now the button under my Account switched back to Connect with Google Calendar and after installing the Oath Secret I was able to connect properly to my calendar.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Tech accidentially revoked Google Calendar Access - Cannot get it to work again

All I can find is warning icons in the Google settings saying "Your brand is using a sensitive scope and needs to be verified by Google".  Has something changed on Google's end since the last time UBNT updated the uCRM instructions?

@UBNT-Petr 

My uCRM server is not using HTTPS and as such I cannot enable the Google Calendar scope?  This is odd as when I set this up before I had no issues.

"Certain scopes are unavailable because usage of these scopes are restricted to projects using only HTTPS URLs. Non-HTTPS URLs must be removed from all OAuth clients before these scopes are available in this project."

I have switched my uCRM instance to https and still cannot get Google Calendar sync to work.  When I go to the Oath Consent section of Google APIs it still has the following listed, which I assume is keeping me from using the calendar sync.

Capture.PNG

This is what I see when I OAuth Client ID page.  Is this what is preventing me from having uCRM see the calendars?

Capture.PNG

[ Edited ]

I also tried creating a new project and following the Help steps in uCRM again and it would not work either.  When I open my account no calendars show up to choose from. @UBNT-Ondra 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1345
Solutions: 295

@sbyrd we will investigate this issue, thanks for reporting.

@UBNT-Petr  Thank you.  Please keep me in the loop as this really puts a huge hamper on our company workflow.  Let me know if you need anything from my server or access to my systems.  

Hopefully you can come up with a quick resolution.

@UBNT-Petr  Are their any log files on my uCRM server that might be helpful in diagnosing if this is an issue with uCRM in general, Google, or my particular uCRM installation?

Any chance you have gotten to look into this yet?  I need to know if the problem is me, Google, or UCRM?

Does anyone else on the forums use Google Calendar sync?  Just trying to know if it is my server or Google causing the issues.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1854
Solutions: 138

We do use calendar sync here.  Mostly works, though I wish UCRM had the ability to include reminders for events.  We currently have to edit them on a desktop or phone after they have been created by UCRM.

@MimCom  Mine was working fine until the Revoke Google Calendar Access button was hit now I cannot get it to sync anymore.  I have tried creating multiple new projects and following the steps in ucRM again and it will not work.  Worse is there is no way for me to troubleshoot the issue.

Do you have any suggestions on where I can look to see if the issues is uCRM, Google, or my server instance?

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1854
Solutions: 138

Unfortunately not -- and your experience makes the prospect of testing somewhat scary.  Have you tried using a different Google account?

I just did and still not working.

@UBNT-Petr  I just found something odd.

I logged into the Admin account that has never done the Caledar Sync and under My Account the Google Calendar button shows the following.

Capture.PNG

However if I go to any of the accounts that had access before the Revoke button was pressed they show the following.

Capture2.PNG

It looks like uCRM needs to reset the account Google Calendar section after the Revoke button is pressed so I can Connect back to the Calendar or setup sync with a different calendar.

I was able to fix it.  I had to delete the Oath Secret from uCRM first.  Then I went to My Account and hit Revoke again.  This time uCRM threw an Error at the top that there was no Oath Secret file installed.  Now the button under my Account switched back to Connect with Google Calendar and after installing the Oath Secret I was able to connect properly to my calendar.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1345
Solutions: 295

Thanks for the update. We will consider whether we could improve the given features in UCRM.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 214
Solutions: 150

Hello @sbyrd, I was trying to reproduce the error to see if we can do anything about it in UCRM.

I was able to get the same "no calendar available" message when I revoked UCRM access from my Google account.

However simply clicking the "Revoke Google calendar access" button in UCRM and then re-connecting worked for me absolutely fine to fix this. Did you try this, before trying to reload the credentials json? If so, did you receive any error that would prevent you from doing this?

@UBNT-Ondra  No I did not try clicking the "Revoke" button again after I got the 'no calendar availaible' message before trying to reload the .json file.