Accepted Solution

UCRM - CLIENTS MERGE

We have a customer with two separate account (two different physical locations). Is there a way to merge both accounts into one? Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1477
Solutions: 315

Re: UCRM - CLIENTS MERGE

@adelatorre you can do this:
- create one client
- add two services (each can be configured with a different address)
- uncheck the "Separate Invoicing" checkbox in the edit form of both services
Then, both services will be invoiced together on a single invoice (on condition that both services have the same billing period)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Veteran Member
Kudos: 902
Solutions: 27

need more info are you wanting to merge just the customer database?

are the Devices behind NAT or on Public IP Space? or dose your customer not want to manage devices?

We are still in the process of implementing UCRM, we have not open it for customer access yet. But this customer is requesting to receive only one invoice including both services and is already complaining about having to access two different accounts once we opne the system for device managing.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 902
Solutions: 27

[ Edited ]

oh now I understand you can add a 2nd service to 1 customer and just put the other address under notes

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1974
Solutions: 152

Just add another service to the client.  The new service address and GPS coordinates will be associated with that.

Ubiquiti Employee

@adelatorre you can do this:
- create one client
- add two services (each can be configured with a different address)
- uncheck the "Separate Invoicing" checkbox in the edit form of both services
Then, both services will be invoiced together on a single invoice (on condition that both services have the same billing period)

Thank you!! This worked perfectly!

Highlighted
Established Member
Kudos: 265
Solutions: 57

Did this on one client but I would like to continue the discussion with asking how do I move the past invoices that are paid to the new client so I can fully delete the old/not used client?

I had 2 clients that had recieved and paid invoices.  They were the same entity so we merged them.  Now in the search bar, when I type their name, both clients come up with no indication of which one is active and which one is inactive.  If I try to delete the inactive one it gripes about deleting *all* the invoice data attached to that client.  I don't want to lose that history.

Ubiquiti Employee

Hi, in the new UCRM, we will improve the search tool. The archived clients will continue being included in the search results but they will be marked as archived.

Moving invoices wouldn't be a straight forward feature (mind the related entities like payments, refunds, credit, proformas,...). But if you still think other could need this too, feel free to create a feature request.
Established Member
Kudos: 265
Solutions: 57

@UBNT-Petr 

Tagging the search results so I know which client is archived would 100% satisfy me.  No need to move invoices with associated payments etc then.

Thanks