Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 915
Solutions: 207

UCRM - General Info

[ Edited ]

UCRM is a streamlined billing and customer management system

with credit card processing and automated recurring invoicing. It features a secure local installation, a database of customers, sites, and installed devices, and a walled-garden option (you can suspend Internet access for non-payment). For details, visit: ucrm.ubnt.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation

Refer to this UCRM Installation Guide

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also try UCRM Demo without installing 

Login using the link below to preview a usable, live demo of our latest software before going through the install process.

UCRM Live Demo

Username/Password: admin/admin

UCRM Introductory Video  

https://youtu.be/uf644sS_Zn4

Get more insight into UCRM features:

UCRM Knowledge Base

UCRM Mobile App

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM/UCRM-Mobile-App-released/m-p/2060484#M4708

UCRM update

When the new version is released, use the In-App Upgrade button - just click on the new version notification or go to System > Tools > Updates 

If you are using an older version or you want to upgrade UCRM manually using CLI, use this guide

Kudos: 1

Re: UCRM - General Info

I'm starting with ubiquiti, I need to buy a switch edge to manage my clients from UCRM?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1011
Solutions: 231

No, you can manage your clients and billing regardless of what devices you are using. But in the future, some of the more advanced network features will be implemented (or integrated from AirControll 2) only for Ubiquiti devices. 

Kudos: 206
Solutions: 23

Wanted to test the online demo but not working?

Fatal error: Uncaught Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting '}' in /usr/src/ucrm/app/cache/constants.php:11 Stack trace: #0 /usr/src/ucrm/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/Kernel.php(182): AppKernel->boot() #1 /usr/src/ucrm/web/app.php(36): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Kernel->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request)) #2 {main} thrown in /usr/src/ucrm/app/cache/constants.php on line 11

Ubiquiti Employee

Demo is back online. Thanks for reporting.

[ Edited ]

So, lets say we use a mixture of ubnt, cambium, and mimosa gear. Will we be able to rate manage and add billing walled garden to all three types?

Ubiquiti Employee

Suspend (walled garden) can be set on EdgeRouters and Mikrotik devices. Shaper works on AirOs devices. EdgeOs and Mikrotik are next to be added.

We don't plan to support more vendors for now. However, there will be an API presented which will enable you to manage these network features on your own.

Are you saying that the edgerouter wil be able to rate control other devices like radius via mac and have the mac tied to an account? with that we could use all 3 types of gear. If not then you mean edgerouters will be able to be ratecontrolled instead of doing the rate controlling. If this is the case it would be nice to have a in home router that woud be controlled. Also since the airgateway pro and lr run on airos can they be controlled via the ucrm? Sorry for the questions, I just don't want to asumme stuff.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1575
Solutions: 125

Would love to see UCRM become the RADIUS server.

Ubiquiti Employee

The Radius server is added to our scope, not for this year though.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 30

Is there a guide about how to use the AirGateway Installer in CRM mode for setting up CPE equipment and linking it with the UCRM platform?

I am setting up as a WISP practically from scratch and would like to do this properly from the start.

Or is the Airgateway CRM mode not actually for use with UCRM? I understand there is an AirCRM product as well with WISP billing modules - are these being replaced by UCRM? How does it all work in practice?

Ubiquiti Employee

Hi @aventine

AirGateway installer in CRM mode has nothing to do with UCRM. Actually, UCRM is mostly designed for billing, with some network features (suspension, shaping, netflow, basic network monitoring, etc.)

UCRM can communicate with CPE devices and  other devices of your network (routers, radios). So far, UCRM does not incorporate clients' AP devices.

Yes, AirCRM has been replaced with UCRM.

In a nutshell, how you can use UCRM is:

- set up your sites, routers, radios

- set up clients with their services

- and associate CPE device (and its IP) with the client's service. Don't use client's AP devices.

Note that we continue our development, more devices will be manageable in UCRM.

Emerging Member

[ Edited ]

OK thanks @UBNT-Petr, that helps clarify some things. When you say don't use client's AP devices, do you just mean UCRM isn't used to manage any device attached downstream of the customer's CPE (NanoBeam, NanoStation etc)?

Separate to that, I'd still like to know what the AirGateway Installer 'CRM mode' is actually used for in that case?

UBNT-Matt said: "The INS model was a new model that can be use especially for provisioning new devices with airCRM." So you are saying the AirGateway Installer in CRM mode is compatible only with AirCRM and not the subsequent UCRM - is that right? Why?

Ubiquiti Employee

There are two AirCRMs:  "AirCRM Billing" (now replaced with UCRM) and "AirCRM Control" which is probably what UBNT-Matt mentioned and it is also what you are looking for regarding the "AirGateway CRM mode".

All CPE devices including NanoBeam, Nanostation can be handled or registered in UCRM. But all client's devices beyond this point are irrelevant to the current version of UCRM.

Emerging Member

OK, getting there then in terms of answering my original question...

I see that AirCRM (control & billing) are still effectively in beta. If UCRM is replacing AirCRM Billing, why does AirCRM Billing still even exist?

Sorry but for a newcomer to the management tools offered by Ubiquti for the burgeoning WISP, this is not at all self-explanatory so I do hope you don't mind me pressing you for a more detailed answer.

If UCRM is replacing AirCRM Billing, what will the relationship be between AirCRM Control (beta) and UCRM? Can they be run as separate platforms managing the same WISP equipment? AirCRM Control for device management & UCRM for billing? Is that how you anticipate the offerings ending up, as separate products, neither really talking to eachother, but talking to the same equipment?

Or will UCRM eventually be expanded to include the AirCRM Control beta functionality?

I'm just mystified at this point as to which products I should actually be using at this point in time.

For my new WISP, I would like both the device management & billing functionality.
Ubiquiti Employee

AirCRM Billing is shutting down. It still exists only due to a few latecomers who haven't migrated to UCRM yet.

Note that AirCRM Billing had no network features and there was no relation with AirCRM Control. UCRM comes with a better support of billing with related network features (like suspension, shaping, ...). UCRM will be extended with more features but it will never duplicate any network management tool. It will just integrate with these tools to get important data (like the list of your devices) so that you won't need to set up your network twice in both tools.

So, to sum it up:

- if you need just to manage the billing - use UCRM

- if you need just to manage your network - use Control (or UNMS)

- if you need both, use both

Hope I did manage to answer all your questions. If not, feel free to ask again.

Kudos: 8

We operate a part wireless part FTTX isp. The wireless segments are a mix of Ubiquiti CPE, AP, and some Mikrotik routing hardware. The FTTX segments are Waystream fibre switches and Genexis CPE hardware. Assuming that we were to go with UCRM with on premises servers, is there enough of a developed API to manage billing for the FTTX segments? 

Emerging Member

Many thanks @UBNT-Petr - that clarifies things nicely.
Established Member
Kudos: 364
Solutions: 10

UCRM will work with Unifi Acces Point (routing & switching are edge)?

If I am using radius as authentication, is there a work around to bill client for now?

Established Member
Kudos: 364
Solutions: 10