Highlighted
Kudos: 1
Solutions: 2
Accepted Solution

UCRM Workflow

UCRM 2.14.8

I am extremely impressed with how far UCRM has come. It really ticks off all the checkboxes:

Leads
Quotes
Stripe subscriptions
Database of clients & CPE

I am however confused about workflow. My current implementation uses Moonclerk & Stripe subscriptions.  After installation, the client enters name & CC info once, and is billed for installation and the first month. The monthly billing recurs automatically via the Stripe subscription.

I have UCRM running in sandbox mode, connected to a Stripe account in TEST mode. BTW, the Let's Encrypt Tool in UCRM and the stripe subscription webhook integration was very smooth!

1) I enter a potential client as a lead

2) Send a quote.
Why does the installation charge for the plan not show up anywhere on the quote? I tried two ways - once as a line item (which then charges the amount again if/when turned into an invoice), or in the notes. And in the quote, I want to offer several different plans that are available to choose from.

3) Client accepts quote

4) Install
Most the time the standard install fee is applicable, but if the user asks for extra work and/or products, the fee is now different. Depending on speeds observed to the sector, and discussion with client on usage, the quoted plan will change too.

5) At this point, it would be nicest to enter client's CC info ONCE, and make sure the CC charges go through. At this point, ideally everything is on automatic both for the customer and us.

6) At the "invoice hour" (5am in my settings), it sends the (sandbox) client, "New Invoice, We are sending you new invoice for internet services."

But Stripe had it marked as paid 2 days earlier? And the test payment made now, doesn't show up in stripe as part of the subscription???

7) At 12:25am a day later, emails are going to the (sandbox) client "Invoice is overdue"

Someone needs to create a flowchart or specification for flow and triggers for [UCRMMan Frustratedtripe Subscriptions].

As it is, I don't dare to leave sandbox mode, as I cannot predict what UCRM will do, or when it will do it...

Accepted Solutions

Re: UCRM Workflow

What was confusing me, was the stripe we hook was being sent but ignored (now working, not sure why).  The flow with subscriptions is a little non-obvious.  UCRM generates invoices at a set time every day. Stripe sends the client payment webhook as soon as the subscription is started.  So while they are out of sync for part of a day, they do sync up payments and credits.

I was able to work around my quote issue by using the option of including a custom note with subscription speed options and installation info.  I still have to include at least one item.  I will probably quote the standard installation fee with the note mentioning exceptions.

Thanks for a great tool, and the quick response!!!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1436
Solutions: 312

Hi @DennyBoll 

thanks for your feedback.

Regarding your questions. The workflows available in UCRM are very flexible and you can adjust almost everything to your needs. 

I guess the biggest confusion you got is based on Stripe payments and subscriptions. The subscriptions can be configured to be triggered on a specific day every month - you (or the client) can choose that day when creating the stripe subscription.

more about subscriptions: https://ucrm-demo.ubnt.com/help/subscriptions

more about stripe subscription and payments: https://ucrm-demo.ubnt.com/help/setting-up-stripe

This should help you to know what and when will happen - regarding payments.

Regarding invoices, I assume there's everything clear. When creating a client's service, you will see the invoice preview with all the dates.

Issue "Setup Fee vs. Quote" - you are right, currently setup fees are not added automatically to quotes or to manual invoices. This fee (or any other fee) must be added manually to the quote, only automatic invoices pick all the issued and un-invoiced fees automatically)  - we will improve this use case, and probably the fees would be automatically attached to the manual invoices or quotes by default.

What was confusing me, was the stripe we hook was being sent but ignored (now working, not sure why).  The flow with subscriptions is a little non-obvious.  UCRM generates invoices at a set time every day. Stripe sends the client payment webhook as soon as the subscription is started.  So while they are out of sync for part of a day, they do sync up payments and credits.

I was able to work around my quote issue by using the option of including a custom note with subscription speed options and installation info.  I still have to include at least one item.  I will probably quote the standard installation fee with the note mentioning exceptions.

Thanks for a great tool, and the quick response!!!