Kudos: 1

Re: UCRM integration with UNMS

Please add support for IPv6 to both the firmware of airOS devices and to UNMS to the road map.
Kudos: 82
Solutions: 3

[ Edited ]

DonvenDotNet wrote:
Please when do we expect stable version to installation and configuration. Thanks

in 7 months from now

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1768
Solutions: 137

I'm curious how Option 82 injection will be handled in UCRM/UNMS (it will involve both, I suspect).  Some discussion here.

Established Member
Kudos: 173
Solutions: 4

If I install UCRM and UNMS right now, what will be the upgrade process when the integration of the 2 happens?

Will it retain everything and be fairly seamless or will there be a lot of rebuilding to do?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1248
Solutions: 271

@popcorrin it will be fairly seamless. UCRM Clients will automatically be associated with UNMS Clients (endpoints) using a matching by IP or MAC. So, if your network and clients are configured in both UCRM and UNMS, there will be no extra work for you.

If you don't have a device/IP defined for your clients, you will need to do it manually, but that's something you need to do anyway: "define which device is used by whom", if you want to use all the features.
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1768
Solutions: 137

UBNT-Petr wrote:
UCRM Clients will automatically be associated with UNMS Clients (endpoints) using a matching by IP or MAC.

Will there still be two sets of client records, or will UNMS query clients in UCRM via an API of some sort?

Ubiquiti Employee

In a nutshell: UCRM will keep the business data (client info, etc.) and retrieves some technical info from UNMS (device status, IP,...)
UNMS will keep the technical data and retrieves some business info from UCRM (such as client name)
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 6

Do we have a timeframe yet?

Ubiquiti Employee

not yet, unfortunately. Both UCRM and UNMS teams are very busy implementing other requests, however the integration is one of our top priority. Follow this forum for an update. We would be happy to provide some RC version for test purposes.
Kudos: 135
Solutions: 3

I would be willing to be a test dummy Man Very Happy pm if there's an opportunity.
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 6

Anything I can do to help.

Established Member
Kudos: 163
Solutions: 8

[ Edited ]

Hi @UBNT-Petr,

We already have UCRM up and running, but not UNMS.  We would be willing to try the integration and

report back to y'all.....I mean, what's the worst that could possible happen??   ;^)

Please let us know.

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

"Found it! It was an interface problem between the seat and the keyboard."
Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

Awesome, thanks.
We will let you know, as soon as there is something to test.

Established Member
Kudos: 163
Solutions: 8

By the way...I am still up for that testing of the ucrm and unms, as I asked in the unms thread.

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

"Found it! It was an interface problem between the seat and the keyboard."

Good morning, I have tried to install UCRM and UNMS on a single PC, and it has been impossible for me to make them work, even changing the ports, logically.
Now I have it in 2 different PCs with the same IP and it works, but I would like that both applications were connected, so as not to have to register all the clients in the UCRM, which is blank.
how can I do it?
Thank you

If you like my post, hit the "KUDOS" button.

Regards, Gento, Spain
Saludos Gento, España
Ubiquiti Employee

Hi @Gento

you can use the mass-import tool. Create a CSV file of your clients and import that in System > Tools > Import.

Another option is API: https://ucrm.docs.apiary.io/

If you got any problems with running both tools on the same PC, please elaborate the issues you had. Simple startup of both tools should be seamless on condition you provide different ports for each.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1097
Solutions: 203

[ Edited ]

@Gento  Hello Luis. I would just like to emphasize that we need more details. In what order did you install those programs? Both UNMS and UCRM should be able to detect, that default ports are used and ask you to input open ones. If you did not get this warning, it may be a bug in the second installed program.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

The first program installed was the UNMS, it is working well, although sometimes we have to play because it has failures. We have around 200 connected devices and 98% are recognized. The ucrm does not accept port changes, the UNMS, yes.

If you like my post, hit the "KUDOS" button.

Regards, Gento, Spain
Saludos Gento, España
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 187
Solutions: 133

@Gento UCRM should detect, that the ports are taken as well and offer you to change them. If this does not work, you can change the ports used by install script arguments. See the custom installation configuration in this guide https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000994708-UCRM-Installation-Guide#custom%20installation

If you get any errors during the installation or when UCRM is booting up, please post them here.

Kudos: 7

@UBNT-Petr

Any timeframe for

--Improved data traffic monitoring which will enable UCRM to incorporate Data Usage Caps and Charging
Waiting for this to begin using UCRM!

Thanks!