Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1248
Solutions: 271

Re: UCRM integration with UNMS

Technically, the databases will be separated (although the same machine / docker container might be used). The data needed by both UCRM and UNMS will be shared, like CPE, its status, client name, data usage, etc.

Hi All 

ok so we a new wisp thats installed UCRM and really liking it although we need the UNMS but was hoping that it would have been intergrated in UCRM by now how soon will it be intergrated or should I just install UNMS seprately for now?

thanks 

Ubiquiti Employee

@Slking it will take some months until the complete integrated version is officially released. Meanwhile, feel free to use both UCRM and UNMS separately. Later, you will be enabled to migrate easily to the integrated version with no data loss.
Kudos: 69
Solutions: 10

Will there be a easy tool to export UCRM and import it into UNMS? I am manually doing this now but would be nice to simply export and import
Ubiquiti Employee

@snet2 sure, it will be possible to migrate the HW-specific data from UCRM to the new UNMS&UCRM version. So, you don't need to be afraid of doing some manual work again. Additionally, if you are already using UNMS now, UCRM will try to link the existing UNMS Client Sites with UCRM client's services automatically. So feel free to use the current versions of UCRM and UNMS.
Kudos: 8

Not to beat a dead horse, but is this notion of integration really going to happen? I'm relatively new to the Ubiquiti world, and I've been tasked with setting up both UCRM and UNMS, but it seems horribly unproductive to have to do much of the exact same work twice.

It frightens me that these topics have been being discussed for years. Will these two solutions ever play nicely with one another?

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1768
Solutions: 137

Significant amounts of work have recently been completed on UNMS. These will (among other things) help facilitate the forthcoming integration with UCRM.

Thanks. It worries me more than a bit that some of these threads have been around for three years. I’ll keep on keeping on for the time being. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@ireallyamjamie yes, the history of discussion is quite long. But note that some basic network features are already implemented in UCRM providing shaping, suspension, netflow, outage detection...
UNMS was introduced last year and was flooded by requests, more and more HW became supported by UNMS since then. Now, it makes perfect sense to integrate both tools and use and combine their advantages. We are now working intensively on that integration, we hope that we will be able to provide some beta version during this autumn.

That's is the most exciting news I've read this week!

Established Member
Kudos: 485
Solutions: 47

@UBNT-Petr

I’ve had a similar discussion like this before but do you think in future/current UCRM releases it would be possible to suspend clients where their CPE is in bridge mode? From what I understand today, all CPEs must be a router for the clients in order for suspension to work. This adds an unnecessary extra NAT and provisioning hassle for scenarios where the CPE may want a public IP.

It’s a lot easier from a management perspective to have all CPEs in bridge mode but we need a way to enforce suspension with this setup and suspension needs to support the potential for multiple client “Service IPs” attached to one service.

Please don't forget to kudo helpful posts and mark accepted solutions accordingly!
jcm.me - Personal Site | Joyn.Tech - Consulting Site

Add Auto-Provisioning Support to UNMS
Kudos: 107

@UBNT-Petr We operate the same way, all radios in bridge mode, public IP's assigned to either their own router, or the managed router service we offer, which we use the airCube, airCube AC, and the AmpliFi as our customer home routers. I have found though, that as long as the IP's of the radio and router are in uCRM, suspension works just fine. But, I'd like to be able to kill it at the radio level and block ONLY all access on the LAN card so the wireless link stays in tact for management processes.
Kudos: 107

If it wasn't obvious, uCRM should send a ping to the radios, where we should add new firmware to all customer CPE's so that the suspension is done on the radio, not our core routers, so there's less firewall rules to process leaving more resources free on the core router
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1768
Solutions: 137

[ Edited ]

@HyperFusion wrote:
If it wasn't obvious, uCRM should send a ping to the radios, where we should add new firmware to all customer CPE's so that the suspension is done on the radio, not our core routers, so there's less firewall rules to process leaving more resources free on the core router

I like the idea of pushing the suspension function back into the network.  Need to retain access to UCRM so the customer can make a payment, which (assuming this is done on airOS) would require adding firewall rules (both IPv4 and IPv6) to the CPE radio in order to limit allowable destination IP(s).

Setting those rules at the tower router might be another option.

Established Member
Kudos: 485
Solutions: 47

Another assumption there though that each tower has a router.
Please don't forget to kudo helpful posts and mark accepted solutions accordingly!
jcm.me - Personal Site | Joyn.Tech - Consulting Site

Add Auto-Provisioning Support to UNMS
Ubiquiti Employee

Hi, currently the suspension is managed by a router (the firewal/nat rules on the router blocks specified IPs while there still can be some exceptions to enable access to the client zone, paygate, etc), this solution also enables us to show the walled garden page for suspended clients (with a direct "pay online" button without a need to log into the client zone).
Emerging Member
Kudos: 4

How I can import my UCRM clients and sites on UNMS? I tried exporting it from UCRM via CSV but it fails.

[ Edited ]

A few of the things I've noticed that throw errors on UNMS imports are commas ANYWHERE and if the site name doesn't exactly match the site name that has already been created on client imports, it seems to skip that import altogether, no error, but no client either.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 4

[ Edited ]

So you export your UCRM clients in .csv and import it into UNMS? I tried this and it did not work at all. 

Ubiquiti Employee

Hi @juanquy @ireallyamjamie the current CSV export from UCRM is not suitable for UNMS. It doesn't even contain any HW data like IP, MAC, etc, it just contains the business data like names, addresses, etc.

However, we are currently working on the integration of both tools and soon it will be possible to merge their data.