Kudos: 8

Re: UCRM integration with UNMS

No. I had to manually create the file to import from a combination of our previous management system and info exported from air control. It’s not been a quick nor easy process so far. 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 4

ufff sorry.
Emerging Member

thanks! I'll take a look at the API maybe I con do something from there.
Kudos: 22

When are we to expect a stable integration?

We are desperately holding off initiating 3 rd party software to manage client billing. Would be really good to have an ETA?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1248
Solutions: 271

Hi, I can't promiss any fixed ETA so far. But the development continues, soon some beta version will be available for beta users.

Meanwhile, feel free to use UCRM and/or UNMS, even separately. The migration to the integrated version will be easy. No data configured manually in UCRM would need to be set again in the new version.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 15
Solutions: 1

I just started to roll out CRM and already had UNMS and had the same issue so I whipped up a quick stright HTML/Javascript export util. You can run as is or grab the page source plus the address parse javascript libary and host it yourself. As I get time I will work on a true sync so with a click it keeps them in sync. Be easier if UCRM and UNMS apis would allow setting of Guid ID field on insert. They are Guids they can be created anywhere so let me reuse them between UCRM and UNMS please!!! http://www.digitalexample.com/Sandbox/Ubnt/UNMSExport/unms_sync.html
Emerging Member
Kudos: 51

I just used the export and it worked great for the client CSV. This just saved a TON of time, thank you!!! 

How do you import the JSON file for the devices and match them up with the customers? I can't seem to find a way to do the JSON upload in the GUI.

I am wondering if the devices will be matched up to the appropriate clients, or if I will ned to manually do the assignments of devices in UCRM.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1097
Solutions: 203

@BosCloud  Hello Andrew. In UNMS you have two imports, for discovery and for authorization. The first one can be found in the Device discovery manager and it requires IP address of a device paired with login name and password. This import can add devices into UNMS and set up access to them. Now you need to organize devices into clients/sites and for that, you can use authorization import from Settings -> Import. In this .csv you can define all your sites and clients and link IP or MAC addresses of devices to them. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Emerging Member

I need to add the javascript to the page to dump it to a csv file.  Its stright javascript and right on the page if your feeling adventures. I have been getting crushed at my full time job and havn't found the time to extend it yet

Emerging Member

@UBNT-Radek  Can you talk to the dev teams for both UCRM and UNMS and ask that thy allow the ID field to be pushed in the insert calls to the API's this would make it simple to keep the to in sync since they are both GUID fields.  

Thanks for the great products and the even better price.

Andy

Emerging Member
Kudos: 51

Hey Radek,

What I was asking is how to import devices from UNMS as service devices/device IPs in UCRM.

We keep our UNMS very up to date, but we are just starting to try to use UCRM.

I exported all 950 of my Clients from UNMS and imported them into UCRM, which was great. Now I have all my clients with active devices in the UCRM with the right address, notes, etc.

In my UCRM, I now have to go find all the EdgeRouters I have and add into UCRM as "Devices".

I then need to go to each of my 950 customers and add a service plan, as well as the "Connected To" Device and the IP for the customer device. If UCRM and UNMS could sync, UCRM could know a lot of these things from UNMS automatcally.

Maybe all the device info would be there automatically, and then you can choose to add a plan after.

I was hoping that there was some way to make a large UCRM setup easier using the JSON tools provided by andrewiski

Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

@BosCloud  Hello Andrew. Thank you for the detailed explanation, I understand your situation better now.  In this situation, it may be optimal to wait for the integration with UCRM. We are working on a data migration wizard which will be a part of the integrated UCRM+UNMS solution. This wizard will be able to pair and migrate UNMS/UCRM data in both directions. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Veteran Member
Kudos: 653
Solutions: 19

are there any updates as to how CPE Trafic shaping will work without Static IP's when UNMS and UCRM connect?

We are trying hard to avoid using Static IP's this adds more steps to installs and keeping IPMAP's updated that we don't want

When it is expected for the integrations between UCRM and UNMS via wizard ofrother means?

[ Edited ]

Yeah this needs to be put on the table quickly. I love unms and unifi but not having integration with ucrm is a problem for me when trying to talk the larger WISP into switching from Sonar.

Veteran Member

UNMS/UCRM is definitely not a replacement for sonar or powercode they have tons of money for there project and are years ahead UNMS/UCRM is a free side project for UBNT and it will take at least 2 years to catch up with the  others

That being said the others minimum cost is $1k USD per month 

UCRM/UNMS and almost dose everything

So for a small WISP that needs to pay an employee and not a billing system UNMS/UCRM is amazing

We use Sonar mostly for scheduling since that's were the ISP keeps it. It's ok for tickets/calendars, adding removing equipment from clients, etc.. but as far as it's API it is horrible. Let me clarify, at least the installation we use is horrible, give me a good dba and I'm sure most could be fixed quickly. This one in particular has an API into Breezeview for the Telrad gear and it is constantly not working. We spend hours sometimes troubleshooting to find out that what we put into Sonar isn't making it into Breezeview. The Mimosa gear integration is absent altogether, from what we see.

Anyhoo.. Here's hoping that UB will realize that some effort/resources needs to be really spent now to perfect and consolidate their platforms all under one ecosystem. I could almost see an arguement, almost, for not including Unifi too.

+10 for making sure it works in private IP space too. Man Happy

Ubiquiti Employee

@900mhzdude  Hello Tim. 

are there any updates as to how CPE Trafic shaping will work without Static IP's when UNMS and UCRM connect?

For Ubiquiti devices, the traffic shaping will work with any IP address. If an address changes UNMS will recognize it and edit the QoS rule accordingly. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Ubiquiti Employee

@kens  Hello Ken. The integration process will have several stages. First UCRM will start using UNMS for network features then GUI will be unified across both applications and finally users should not be able to recognize that they are working with two products. There will be a single installer for the final integrated application, everything will update together etc...

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Veteran Member