Kudos: 13

Unifi AC Mesh with UCRM

Hi

I have setup a USG Pro setup to run both unifi Mesh and Airmax client connections. I have setup UCRM and i am confused on how to configure the mesh end user clients and their devices.

I want to setup a user connection by providing them a WISP router (any vendor) and want to setup billing for the client. Client WISP router will be connected to the AC Mesh Network and AC Mesh Network will be connected to Power Beam AC that will be connected to USG Pro.

Please explain how to setup end user WISP router accounts in UCRM.

Thanks

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1375
Solutions: 299

Re: Unifi AC Mesh with UCRM

Hi,

UCRM can't configure Unifi devices. Read more about similar issue: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM/USG-3P/m-p/2279391#M7893

However, you may use UCRM for clients using any device. Some of the "network features" may be limited but the main CRM features will be available.

Note that traffic shaping can be managed by UCRM on airOS and EdgeOS devices and suspension feature on EdgeOS devices. We will continue to extend these features with cooperation with UNMS. Another option you got is API and Plugins which enables you to integrated any HW and any tool you need.
Established Member
Kudos: 232
Solutions: 6

How about can UCRM be the billing server for a Unifi Portal?
Ubiquiti Employee

@avolve UCRM is not connected to Unifi. You can use UCRM for billing but there will be no interactions with Unifi.
Established Member

Has there been any thoughts, discussions or enhancement requests to complete the circle for Unifi hotspot functions to use it's cousin UCRM?
Ubiquiti Employee

Hi, we were thinking this through and for now, we don't plan to integrate UCRM (WISP's tool) with Unifi (Corp tool).
The reason is that hotspots are unlikely used for stable clients and recurring service billing.

However, we would be happy to listen to the thoughts of the community. Feel free to let us know if we are missing some major idea.
Established Member

Well it is truly a 3rd party portal that is of the same party I guess. Seems odd that it wouldn't be used for the Unifi line.
Kudos: 2

Hi

I know UCRM is more ISP related, but i use Unifi as hosted network solution with defferent ISP's.

I would like to see this to be more of a ISP/Hosted services portal. Combining all Ubiquiti products. Especially for the Unifi solution.

Ubiquiti Employee

@michelsendk can you elaborate this into more details? What exactly would you expect from UCRM?

Hi Petr

yes, i would like it to intrigrate more with ubiquiti's other products. example, i want to add the Unifi controller to the UCRM and then i monitors and collects info from the devices via the controller. (like you can do when you monitor Cisco WLC's) i Would like to attach a service to a site on the controller so when a service is suspended the users of that givin network are transfered to the suspended service page or a captive portal were the customer can pay to get it unlocked again.

Not to confuse you, the UCRM tool is awesome, but it just needs to intrigrate with all of your products, so as long as it says Ubiquiti UCRM can help you Bill your customers, lets say per device/device type. If a new switch or AP is purchased and adopted to that site/controller the device billing will automatically be put into the invoice for the customer.

Hope it makes sense.

Kudos: 13

Well we have also implement Unifi as an ISP to provide wireless connectivity to the clients. Enabling UCRM for unifi would be great. What I still don't understand is why keep building separate portals for everything. Why not make a single portal for unifi, ucrm and unms. 

Will make everything so simple to handle for clients and developers as well. Specially where people are using both unifi and airmax products in their network.

Ubiquiti Employee

Hi all,
we understand your needs. Our main focus remains in providing easy solutions both for WISPs and for enterprises. And to do that we believe we should first integrate UCRM with UNMS and then, lots of WISPs will get an easy, complete solution for their business. Later, if the community still requires some kind of integration between UCRM and UniFi, we will be happy to discuss that. You can also comment and upvote these requests:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Feature-Requests/Link-uCRM-to-UniFi-Guest-Portal/idi-p/2003191
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Feature-Requests/Adding-UniFi-APs-to-UCRM/idi-p/1872843
Kudos: 3

I would very much like to see an UniFi/UCRM integration!

Highlighted

I would too. Unifi is here used in a rental complex and I would like to automate billing (and excluding of non paying renters).